Who says cables don't make a difference?

Funny, after all these years, people still say things like "you wasted all that money on cables". 
There are still those who believe cables don't make a difference.
I once did marketing for a cable line I consider to be about the best-Stealth Audio Cables. 
One CES, I walked the rooms with the designer/owner, Serguei Timachev. He carried a pair of his then new Indra interconnects. Going from room to room he asked the room runners to replace their source to preamp IC with the Indra. There was not one that was not completely flabbergasted and said that the Indras blew away what they were using. That was the skyrocketing of Indra and Stealth. The Indra became one of the best reviewed cables ever.
Serguei now makes the Sakra-an IC that blows away the Indra!
I don't understand why some still do not value cables as much as I.
mglik
mahlman...After the way you played people on the "Should people who can't solder..." thread, for your own amusement, there is no way of knowing when you are being serious. That means you lack credibility. You should apologize for what you did. Some people, such as millercarbon, who were taken in by your game, actually defended you. That must have been hilarious. Oh, I forgot, you even mentioned that your wife was wondering what you were laughing about. 
Post removed 
Well, I don't know where to begin:

"Funny, after all these years, people still say things like "you wasted all that money on cables". "

I'm an engineer, and I'm one of them. Most of the differences people hear, are capacitance and inductance (neither of which are desirable in an audio interconnect).

"There are still those who believe cables don't make a difference."

I am one of them. Not to say there is *NO* difference between cables, but for most people, those differences are slight enough to be negligible in the grand scheme of things, compared to the differences between $1000 speakers and $3000 speakers, or between a $1200 power amplifier, and a $2000 power amplifier. I mean, the circuit even in components that cost thousands of dollars, contains average quality wire and traces at best. A good designer will take steps to lower EMI. I once heard a salesman ask a customer if he had changed the power cord for his power amplifier: I had never gone back. I had once rewired the RCA to board connections in a Quad 606 power amplifier with my stock bulk interconnect, DH Labs Silver Sonic BL1, Series II (a balanced one that has a shield that I never use because I know it's unnecessary except in that specific case). The buzz it always had, had been lessened by moving that Silver Sonic away from the transformer, and little else. I had grounded the shield, but it had done little. I don't think changing my interconnects, would have accomplished very much in that case. I would be happy however to switch the short DH Labs cable that I use with my headphone rig, and the $15 cable that I had got off of Ebay, all day long, for a visitor, seeing if they can tell them apart in a blind, or other listening test.  

"I once did marketing for a cable line I consider to be about the best-Stealth Audio Cables."

I had a look at their Indra V10 marketing spiel, and there's so much junk science in there, that they should probably get sued. You want me to pay $7000 for a three foot interconnect?

" The internal part of the Indra V10 connector is made of solid silver "
I would probably be able to get the whole cable made out of solid silver, for less money, somewhere else.
One CES, I walked the rooms with the designer/owner, Serguei Timachev. He carried a pair of his then new Indra interconnects. Going from room to room he asked the room runners to replace their source to preamp IC with the Indra. There was not one that was not completely flabbergasted and said that the Indras blew away what they were using."

Because you say so, doesn't cut it.

"I don't understand why some still do not value cables as much as I."

Because for most people they're a waste of money? 
My idea of a good cable is this:
1. A short one.
2. One that doesn't introduce capacitance.
3. One that doesn't introduce inductance.
4. One that doesn't pick up EMI.
5. One that has a shield that's grounded to lessen EMI, in the rare event that the amount of EMI present is objectionable and audible.
5. One that doesn't oxidize.

Dan, for those that don’t hear a difference, or not enough to justify it, I agree, there is no sense in spending for them. But there are those who do, and the difference they hear is not insignificant. Assuming their budget allows it, then I agree it makes sense for them. Don’t see a reason why anyone should have a problem with either side of that. I spend on cables because I most definitely hear a worthwhile difference. But I understand why it makes no sense to also. Someone like warren buffet would never spend on a super car, just makes no sense to him, brings nothing to him that he feels gives value, even though he can afford anything he wants. I have no issue with that, and if I had his money, I’d probably have a jay Leno kind of garage, because. I feel it would bring some value to me. No reason why we can’t both be happy about our choices. 
Dan2956 and speedbump6,

Interesting 2 sides of the discussion both quite elaborate.
I don’t feel the need to apologize for my bias toward expensive cables with a personal preference for Stealth Audio.
As with ANY component, the goal is to DO NO HARM to the signal.
Great cables do the least harm. THE STRAIGHT WIRE WITH GAIN.
The gain part of the equation in this case being the ability or lack thereof of passing signal. Simply put...