Who says cables don't make a difference?

Funny, after all these years, people still say things like "you wasted all that money on cables". 
There are still those who believe cables don't make a difference.
I once did marketing for a cable line I consider to be about the best-Stealth Audio Cables. 
One CES, I walked the rooms with the designer/owner, Serguei Timachev. He carried a pair of his then new Indra interconnects. Going from room to room he asked the room runners to replace their source to preamp IC with the Indra. There was not one that was not completely flabbergasted and said that the Indras blew away what they were using. That was the skyrocketing of Indra and Stealth. The Indra became one of the best reviewed cables ever.
Serguei now makes the Sakra-an IC that blows away the Indra!
I don't understand why some still do not value cables as much as I.
mglik
Many years ago I had a very modest system with Carver amplification and Platinum Audio's $800 entry floor standing speakers.  I bought them from my local Platinum dealer who often let me take used equipment home on a Saturday afternoon to have a weekend audition.  I took some XLO $1200 IC home one weekend.  One of my friends was into car audio and was a judge for competitions in Toronto.  We did A-B to my $40 MIT IC over and over and neither could ever tell a difference.  

I don't recall the publication but the article was titled, To Tweak or Not To Tweak.  It was an extreme comparison of two systems where the only common piece was the speakers and everything behind the curtain was uber cheap on one and nice on the other.  He had a panel of 10 that ranged from the typical house wife who couldn't care less to audiophiles and had them guess which system they were hearing.  It was a complete toss-up where audiophiles would swear it was the upgraded system and was his homemade amp with 50 feet of radioshack zipcord for wire.

Back to my Platinum dealer.  I told him I couldn't hear anything and he asked me with sincerity....do you want to hear the difference??  He said it is a learned skill and that if I did....we would spend a couple hours in his store and he could teach me.  The problem he said was once I learned and truly heard I could never go back and would forever want to add cabling to my list of upgrades.  I passed on the lesson.

Today I hear obvious improvements when I change amps, preamps, speakers and cartridges.  I simply don't ever try different cables.  I use stock power cords.  I bought a bulk used lot of Audioquest speaker wire many years ago and have added the DiamondBack line of IC and have simply just left it alone.  

I trust people that swear by this as they crossed over that bridge and now know.  Maybe one day I will experiment, but I am not there yet.
There's never been any doubt in my mind that they make a difference, but I've always felt they were pretty subtle differences and I have focused more on the quality of the cable and connections and whether it was good for the application I used it in.  More than anything, my main goal was to do no harm.  

I've used some cables that degraded the quality of the sound, but haven't heard any in my system that made a big improvement.

That was until the other day when I bought some fairly expensive interconnects (used at a good price) and inserted them between my phono stage and preamp.  It made a pretty noticeable improvement in sound quality and I have been playing a number of records I'm very familiar with and it's like hearing some of them for the first time.  If it's all in my mind, well... whatever.  I'll keep enjoying that placebo effect I guess.
The length of your hair or the speed of the air moving in your music room makes more difference in sound than cables.
Have I stumbled onto a rerun of 12 Angry Men? 😡 😤 🤬 😩 🤪 😤 🤨 😢 🧐 😠 😛 😡
The same cables dont create the same difference in different audio system and embeddings.... Their impact results is not also related to their price....

These are the reasons  behind all these debates....And at the end cables makes most of the times way less impact than the rightful controls of the 3 embeddings of the audio system....

Then people speaking about cables often dont owns an audio system rightly embedded; because if their system would be rightfully embedded they will not speak so much about  trivial matters and evident perceptible effects of cables in any refine and minimally rightly embedded audio system....