Who's running this show?

I’ve hung around Audiogon for several years, have enjoyed it, and have learned alot. I find the forum discussions to be interesting and entertaining.

There were two threads that were recently removed by a "moderator". The first was the one regarding ASR featuring the one and only Amir. It ran for a long time and had well over one thousand posts. Then one day it’s magically gone. The second thread was entitled What will you not buy? and had gone on for a few/several days. It had over three-hundred posts and then earlier today it went away.
This is Audiogon’s site and they can do with it what they wish. If I’m unhappy I’m free to go. I’m okay with that. Here is my interest: who is Audiogon? It seems to be a mystery.  There is absolutely no editorial voice, no communication with the administrators/officers/owners etc. Other forums that I visit have some dialogue between the members and the powers that be. T

To quell this curiosity I did a bit of online searching and found out a few things like the presidents name, location, number of employees, etc. This was all third party information; I found no presence at all from Audiogon. Again it’s their business and none of mine. But curiosity killed the cat and likely this thread will suffer the same fate. Anyone else find this interesting or unusual?

abnerjack

@immatthewj Bingo!

We’re not a true representative democracy due to our founding fathers fear of mob mentality and yet, they’ve found a work around. It boggles the mind of other democracies around the world that someone can win millions more in the popular vote and lose by 30K votes from a few counties in 3 swing states in the Electoral College.

All the best,
Nonoise

@nonoise +100

"mob mentality work around" is a good name for a band.

Our system is so antiquated and afraid of change, as if the Constitution is some kind of holy writ, although it's easy to cherry pick, like most religious texts.

Post removed 

But curiosity killed the cat and likely this thread will suffer the same fate.  Anyone else find this interesting or unusual?

When i was a young nerd, I started a private audio listserv that's older than this forum or anything else i can think of...and i am also on other forums...

Hmmm, to truly understand and flow with the forums (all kinds of specimens you may encounter), ya gotta learn to not care, de-sheldonize a bit and understand the deeper cryptic meaning of this audiophile male vocals reference track.