Which material sounds better for speakers construction? Wood, Ply or MDF?

Im guessing they use mdf these days because its cheaper.

vinny55
I hope it is OK if I ask this here, as search engine brought me here.  Do all these factors also apply to the foundation mounts for high end car audio woofers?  Specifically, which is a better material for mounting 6.5" Focal Utopia woofers, mdf, wood, or aluminum?  Or does it simply not matter for a cylinder shape in the same way it does for a closed cabinet?  If I use CDT aluminum car speaker mounts, cnc'd specifically for my car, anything wrong with lining the inside of the cylinder with 1/8" closed cell foam?  thank you in advance.
All companies believe they have the best approach.  Implementation still matters the most.  You can have the most inert cabinet, but if your speaker is bright and fatiguing or can't image or has terrible bass, it won't matter. 

Ton's of approaches to building a cabinet and lot's of great speaker choices.  We are lucky to be in a great age of audio where we have so many options.  
Out of curiosity, as I am planning to build my first speaker soon, would MDF with a glued on Formica (smooth countertop laminate material) on the “inside” of the box work, or would the extremely hard Non-porous Formica cause too harsh of a sound?  I know I’d have to have some sort of sound batting or something inside also.
Good quality MDF doesn't need finishing on both sides. You can leave the inside surface bare. 
I prefer speaker cabinets made of ice if you can keep the listening room cold enough...otherwise you wind up with a wet pile of components on the floor and, seriously, nobody needs that.