Which Intergrated amp for starter??

Category: Amplifiers

Hello all just wondering if anyone can give me some advice on a good intergrated amp. As of now I will be using my computer as a source until I can afford better eq. For speakers I will either be getting B & W's 602 s3 or Sonus concertino if I can find them or maybe some totem mites.

I mostly listen to classical (Brass quintents, Mahler, Bruckner, Piano) and Jazz (clark terry, mingus, clifford brown).

I figured that getting a good amp that is flexible would be a better bet than speakers which can be changed more often than not. What intergrated amp out there is a good all around perfomer for various music.

Thanks
daimbert
It's a good budget if that is what you can spend. I say blow the entire thing on good speakers and save up for a decent amplifier. However, if that is your budget, I'd still go with the Complete, and add a pair of B&W CDM 1NT's or some Green Mountain Audio Europas. You might want to jump on either pair though, they usually sell quick. B&W's listed for 700, Europas listed at 650 when I saw them. Both are an awesome match for the audio refinment.
I have a Dared MP7 SE amp for sale 500.00. I sold all my SS equipment after I heard this amp. I just recently upgraded to a pair of ASL 845 SET amps and this amp is a extra. It is in Excellent shape with Original tubes and Extra 6l6 tubes. Thanks

Dave
Look into the SQ-88 from Quest for Sound, a dealer on AGO and store located in PA area. Nice tube based system with remote volume control. It uses the KT 88 tube and is very musical.

You can find good speakers for $500. The suggestions you've received are good ones and others I'd add would be Meadowlark Kestrels (or anything else by Meadowlark) or Soliloquy 5.0's.