Which HDMI cable for I2S?

I'm currently using an inexpensive 12 inch long Monoprice cable to connect my dac to a Gustard U18 interface. Honestly, it sounds quite good.

I don't want to buy a pricey cable, but maybe something by DH Labs, etc. 

There are some deals on older cables that meet HDMI 1.3, 1.4, or 2.0 standards. I know these standards are for video. Would all of them work for I2S digital audio? Would the higher standard HDMI 2.1 be better? 

sls883

I use AFTERDARK. BLACK MAGIC MKII CARBON FIBER SHIELDING (CFS) I2S HDMI CABLE between my DAC and transport.  Designed specifically for digital audio.  Hand made in Asia somewhere.  I think it sounds better than an off the shelf do everything HDMI cable but my experience is limited. About $230.00 USD.

Lawrence From MI

I have used the Wireworld $250  hdmi cable , the pin out seems to match the  upsamplers I have used , your equipment may have a protocol to do to match 

the audio signal also ,like Denafrips  .

I switched out my HDMI cables to SVS branded cables a couple of months ago and felt there was a slight difference in my video clarity.  Well made and nice looking products. They now make interconnects and speaker cable as well.  

Try the purist audio hdmi cable at under $300. I use it and it replaced the over $700 tubulus concentus cable without missing a beat. It does require a couple hundred hours of break-in. A bit bright at first and nicely rounded after break-in.