Where was the best reproduced sound you ever heard?

Answer: Right here in Poulsbo, Washington.

Shunyata Research wowed us all!!

I have short videos but lack the knowledge 

of how to share the files.

Best to inquire yourselves.

128x128jeffseight

This one sound good through my own low cost system....😁

i would be curious to hear it too...

my congratulation...😊

My system does not sound shabby.😁

But if I rate it rationally, it would be around 10th or so.

I expected more input from readers.

Thanks to those who submitted their videos!

Fifty years ago I heard a tri-amped set of Magneplanar Tympani IIIas with bass panels spread across a large basement rec room. They were powered by 3 - Audio Research Dual 76 amps, and an SP-3a preamp. The front end was a Thorens TD-125 with an SME arm and a Koetsu MC cart. We listened to Joni Mitchell's 'Miles of Aisles' live album, Dan Hicks 'Live at the Troubadour' as well several other cuts from that era. It was by far the biggest soundstage I have ever heard, it was dynamic, detailed, and unfatiguing, and I was very sorry when the night was over. 

I have heard (and owned) many great systems since, but none have ever come close to that experience.

MBL extremes Mk II at Kyomi audio near Chicago. Out of my reach, but if I had room and could get comfortable with the looks, I’d own 101s. As I don’t have a dedicated room, I have to live with them and the bling of MBLs is too much for me and the wife. But the sound is glorious.

The Extremes are worth going out of your way to hear if you get a chance.

I’ve heard Wilson Chronosonics w/ the Burmester reference gear and while certainly superb, just didn’t do it for me.

But those MBLs…