Where did you buy your first audio gear?

I bought my first audio gear in a Post Exchange PX store in Baumholder Germany. I was a young soldier about 20 yrs old and bought a SAE amp and Preamp, Bose 901 speakers, Sony CDP-101 CD player and a Thorens TD 320 turntable. Where did you buy your first audio gear? What did you get?

128x1282psyop

House of Stein on Portage Ave. in Winnipeg, 1972. A small Sansui integrated, Dual 1210 TT and some small speakers which forgettable brand I don't recall. Before long I upgraded to some 15" Tannoys and SAE separates at my brother-in-law's urging shortly after he infected me with the incurable hi-fi bug. I don't have any of that stuff now and I haven't lived in Winnipeg for about 24 years :)

Really cool to see all those small Hi-Fi stores, many I am sure are gone... tragically. And the great classic audio components and brands....wow I guess I am an old timer. This is when and where we got infected.... haha!

First stereo was a Sanyo rack system from Crazy Eddie's, probably 1979 or so.  First high end gear was from Ear Drum in Nanuet NY.  DB Systems 1B/2A/4B preamp, Bryston 3B, Logic DM101 turntable with a Signet tonearm and an Signet MK55E cartridge, and a pair of Energy Pro 22s, somewhere around 1983,