Where did you buy your first audio gear?

I bought my first audio gear in a Post Exchange PX store in Baumholder Germany. I was a young soldier about 20 yrs old and bought a SAE amp and Preamp, Bose 901 speakers, Sony CDP-101 CD player and a Thorens TD 320 turntable. Where did you buy your first audio gear? What did you get?

128x1282psyop

Kelly’s Record City on 71st Ave. in Calgary, AB, Canada, back in the late 70’s. First system was all NEC…receiver, cassette deck and speakers. Already had my Yamaha turntable. Over a few years Kelly’s also helped me accumulate about 1,200 albums, most of which are long gone.

The Brick home furniture store early 80’s in Edmonton Alberta, a complete AKAI system of turntable, cassette deck, tuner, integrated amp, with Hitachi tower speakers, and some cheap stand, all in for $1100 cdn dollars and no taxes back then added on.

As mentioned, Kelly's Records, A&B Sound, Visions Electronics were the places  here in Alberta to buy records/music and stereo gear, Visions Electronics is the only survivor, but no longer has records, and I bought hundreds when records cost $7 or $8 dollars, onsale for $3.99 in the day. 

1980 from Poor Richards in Daly City/Colma CA.  Marantz 2252 receiver, Dual 604 TT with a Shure cartridge, Akai GXC-570D cassette deck, Cerwin Vega 12TR’s, and a couple months later went back and bought Klipsch LaScalas.  Still using the Dual TT and the LaScalas with ALK extreme slope x-overs now

KLH Model 20 (the one without the tuner)...turntable festooned integrated with great speakers...1970 maybe?

Fun reading , 

Pacific Stereo  on Broadway in Chicago about 1974 , I walked back and forth between Midwest Stereo about a half dozen times listening and then bargaining .

Ended up with Sony 6065 receiver , Dual 1229 TT , Ampex cassette deck and BIC Venturi 6  speakers .