Where can I find a VPI SAMA (600 or 300 rpm)?

Hey,

So, while moving my HW-19 Mk4 in our last move, I inadvertently bumped the SAMA spindle and now it has an audible jiggle/vibration. This doesn't come through in the sound through the speakers, as the SAMA is isolated from the plinth, but I can hear and feel it on the tt's platform and I suspect it's affecting the sonics of the platter, etc.

I can order a new motor and pulley kit from a few retailers for $250. But truthfully, I'd rather forgo that bit of a chance for me to really screw things up and see if I can find another SAMA to replace the one I have.

Or will VPI repair my existing one?

Any advice is appreciated.

s
128x128simao
Have someone open up the case and check which motor they used. Should be a Hurst.  Hurst sells direct.  About 75.00, you can check the web.

The pulley should be OK but you could have someone Dial indicate it when it is on the new motor or see if it is vibrating.
@simao send us an email and we can get you fixed up :)  there is a service fee but it will be a lot less money than $250.  info@vpiindustries.com and my guy Marc will get the ball rolling on it.
You could try lubricating the motor bearing.  My HW-19's SAMA got noisy earlier this year after 20 years of no problems.  Two drops of oil and it runs like new again.
@wlutke

Thank you for the advice. Although I think it's beyond lubrication, would I just unscrew the housing and oil things?

Problem is, I remember knocking things pretty hard. I've made plans to send it off to VPI for repair.
There is only one bearing, at the top of the shaft. A couple drops of Super Lube will work its' way down into the bearing. I may have moved a top plate to get access(?) I don’t remember if that was actually necessary but no need to disassemble.
https://www.amazon.com/Super-Lube-51010-Oil/dp/B000BXOGHY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1510927116&...
I have one I took off a Scout I think it is 300 rpm when I upgraded to 600, I will pull it out and take some picks I will sell for 1/2 of what they are new