Where are the young audiophiles?

I find it alarming that 95% of all audiophiles are seniors.According to a consultant at my local HI-FI store,young people don't seem interested in high-end equipment.They listen to music on their phone.Sooner or later, all the great neighborhood HI-FI stores will not be able to remain open. Kind of sad,don't you think?
128x128rockysantoro

Showing 1 response by parker65310

I’m in my 40’s, definitely not a “senior”. There are many of us my age or younger in this hobby. They just aren’t’t vocal about their age and maybe not spending a lions share of time on the forums here. There will always be an appeal. Look at how fine timepieces came back and digital calculator watches thankfully died (Apple watch and it’s ilk are lame, I’m already carrying a damn iPhone people!). Quality in anything that doesn’t age out is always appreciated at some point. Believe me when I say you want digital streaming to keep this hobby of ours alive. If all we had was cds it would go the way of shortwave radio with younger generations. Furthermore, this is directed to some of the commentators here that think critical listening is only the realm of Gandalf with a cane and bad hearing that saw The Beatles in an armory (😬). It’s not. I work in a very technical Data Centre role in IT and love this hobby and always will. I’m obsessed with high quality music, engineering and the experience of a sublime listening experience in my living room. Some people just don’t realize it yet until they have a life changing experience shared with them by someone older.