When someone tells you it's a $40,000 amp, does it sound better?

I've always been a little bit suspicious when gear costs more than $25,000 . At $25,000 all the components should be the finest, and allow room for designer Builder and the dealer to make some money.

I mean that seems fair, these boxes are not volume sellers no one's making a ton of money selling the stuff.

But if I'm listening to a $40,000 amplifier I imagine me Liking it a whole lot more just because it costs $40,000. How many people have actually experienced listening to a $40,000 amplifier.  It doesn't happen that often and usually when you do there's nothing else around to compare it to.  

I'm just saying expensive gear is absolutely ridiculous.  It's more of a head game I'm afraid. Some how if you have the money to spend, and a lot of people do, these individuals feel a lot better spending more money for something.  Now you own it, and while listening to it you will always be saying to yourself that thing cost $40,000 and somehow you'll enjoy it more.

jumia

There is a certain kind of humor to be found here which will escape some, but not all.

ah @ps please enlighten w us with your erudite understanding and humor that few if any can understand. I am clearly lost in the humor you refer to.

Your recent post: “Cults and their members are where one finds them. This is simply a general observation based on keen observation of human behavior. All in a historical context of course. :)”. I have reread the screen grab that I have in your reference to Jay’s thread on the previous page in my attempt to understand.

Can you 1) explain who is the “cult” you happened to be responding to? and I am sure you understand the weight, implication and historical references to using such a term and 2) who are the cults “members” that you refer to and how would you describe their roles as part of your said cult, and 3) if you posit a cult has a leader, which I believe you do, what is it that is the offense/sabotage/influence (guessing) that you attribute?

Honest questions. No need to make riddles. I trust this won’t escape you.

Yes ps,  please enlighten us with your high brow humor.  You may have to dumb it down for some of us, but I will certainly try my hardest to understand it.....don't want it to escape me.

I prefer the term " fan boys ", vs cult members, and you all know who you are. Just admit to it, and move on. I will not respond to anyone beyond this point. Enjoy ! Always, and my best to all. MrD.