Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Regarding "Temple Beautiful"...If you're into Chuck Prophet, IMO. this is his most consistent lp in a few years. Highly enjoyable.
World's Apart .... Saga.

I am afraid I am very mainstream rock and admit to not even having heard of a lot of what some people post here!
Just bought my ticket to see Alejandro next year!
…………………………….
@uberwatlz,

You have a lot of good music to discover my friend. IMO, that is the main reason for the music threads...to introduce unknown music to some.
Don't judge me too harshly for my next (last) lp I'll play today. Little River Band "Time Exposure". Had it for decades. Never cleaned it. It's a plum/Capitol label/no bar code.
Handel , "The Chandos Anthems" , I-V ICollegium of Rutgers University

Alfred Mann conductor
@slaw where is the Alejandro show?

@boxer12  Reckoning is a great live Dead album. I love that record. 

Nick Cave  - Push the Sky Away 

Playing now: Burning Spear  - Garvey's Ghost (dub version) recommended by my source at Waterloo Records, he almost never let's me down and this one is awesome. Super dynamic, great SQ, crazy low end of course but the recording of the drums is excellent with the guitar running across the outside 
Rainbow - "Down to Earth"

After listening to this one, honestly, I can't figure out why I bought it. No redeeming qualities IMHO. "Ever Since You Been Gone" is OK, but the rest is pretty weak. It's going into the "trade" pile.
@slaw that should be a great time, enjoy the show!

Now playing:

Miles- Seven Steps to Heaven  - Analogue Productions  33rpm 200gram,  I can't recommend anything enough that is on AP 33rpm or 45rpm 200g vinyl. It is just perfect, from the SQ to the mastering to the mix to the vinyl quality, so perfect that it makes less than perfect hard to tolerate. 
Just came back from a business trip to Boston and found “In Your Ear”  used record shop on Commonwealth Ave near Boston University...my new favorite in Boston.   Found a UFRN pressing of Lucinha Lyra, “Mangaba”, which had some old friends of mine credited as songwriters.   Snatched it up and listened to it tonight, getting into the MPB mood.  God, I love crate digging!
Wayne County and the Electric Chairs?
I look at it but won't play it.... just a bit too rude for anyone over the age of ....
Welcome to the thread @morguldrelb, @teo_audio, @fixedincome . Sorry if I've left anyone out.

Gonna start with one or two from last week to warm up...………

Little River Band  "Time Exposure" side 2.
Alejandro Escovedo  "The Crossing"  sides 3&4.
……………………………………………………
Buddy Miller  "Your Love & Other Lies" 
Buddy Miller & Jim Lauderdale  "Buddy & Jim"
James Taylor "October Road" 
Just back from my weekly (or is that weakly?) trip to my LRS. Pick up the following, all used. Priced $1-$12.99. Care to guess which one was $12.99 and which one was $1?

Jethro Tull - Heavy Horses
Weather Report - Heavy Weather
Pretenders - Pretenders
Roxy Music - Avalon
Supertramp - "...famous last words..."
The Doors - The Doors
Van Morrison - Wavelength

Will be spinning these today through the weekend. Hope none of them go into the "to trade" pile.......
@reubent ,

My guess is "Heavy Horses"= $12.99 / Supertramp = $1.00, assuming the condition on all were nice?

BTW, I got in all of the lps I ordered the other week from Oldies. Packaged perfectly, arrived crisp & clean, no issues.
@slaw - Thanks for playing! The $12.99 was The Doors. The $1 record was Van Morrison.

BTW, I got in my orders from InSound. What a haul. I'll list them sometime soon. Bought more than I should have, but at 60% off, couldn't resist. One of them is the 3 LP set of EmmyLou Harris - "Wrecking Ball" that you mentioned a while back. I only had it on CD previously, so I'm looking forward to spinning it.
@reubent ,

Great! I've gotten quite a few from Insound through the years at awesome prices.
Just thought I'd put this tid-bit out there that I just learned of. In the "Buddy & Jim" lp was a card describing their radio show on SiriusXM's Outlaw Country. Of course this was from 6 years ago.
Regarding "October Road"...it is the MOV pressing. (First time on vinyl). I got it for $15 on the music sale the other week. I noticed that Analog Spark is releasing it as a double vinyl set for $40. (First time on vinyl in the US) That fact, may automatically make it sound better. I’m happy with my copy. I’ve never heard a bad sounding JT lp.

Up next....Jeremy Messersmith  "Late Stage Capitalism"
BTW, for a nice Christmas tune..."Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" from "October Road" is really nice. I have heard it before on the radio or cd in another's home and didn't think much of it. Hearing it on vinyl in my home system...well, very nice! I think it's actually the best sounding song on the lp.
Roxy Music - "Avalon" 

Part of the used record picks from my weekly LRS run.
Regarding the Jeremy Messersmith lp….it is another enjoyable record by him. I’d classify it as alternative pop. SQ is VERY good. A lot of bass info, if your room/system is set up right, you’ll be happy.
…………………………….
@reubent,

Do you own "Boys & Girls"? It is a great record! Fairly easily found at your LRS.
@slaw - Nope, I don't have any other Roxy Music or Bryan Ferry. I'll give it a listen on Spotify to see if I like it enough to invest my hard earned $5, or so.....
"Late Stage Capitalism" is one of those rare records that not only gets better after every play but gets better as the record progresses from start to finish. Listened to it twice this evening.