For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

Uber ... yes it was a Gr8 buddy who had a fretless jazz that we nick named Pitch-Bitc_Because it was obvious who could and I couldn’t...
@noromance u have esoteric tastes only 3 for sale, Germany..... u r appreciated - hopefully I can stream it.... first
Note to self: when the War Dept. Offers to alphabetical order the CD’s in storage, take her up on that with enthusiasm!!!!!
Well after going thru about 2,500 cd’s I laid my hands on @bdp24 disc - Traveller:-)

and some other cool stuff lurking about in the garage....

on the care package front anybody beside Steve not own a silver platter spinner ?
Y’all playing some great stuff...

ventured down to local audio store today for fix, social distance approved chat, vinyl, fellowship- buy the boys lunch (! Takeout )...

Dave Rawlings Machine - Nashville Obsolete

another fine sounding Acony disc Spirit !

ACNY-1512 LP
@noromance funny I have Cochise on now :-) the cover is mountainous 

As is

California Soul - Tamba4

@Slaw u ok ????
F-Mack: Rumors ( 2 LP 45 rpm Pallas Pressing )

btw, if you ever find yourself dragged thru the tourist trap Lahaina- Fleetwoods has an awesome groove and fantastic Margaritas... live tunes.... dark... lovely
Closing it down with an appropriate tune for our times ( iMO )

Loggins and Messina - Same Old Wine
Peter Gabriel- Secret World Live ( comparison between NAS bit perfect RIP and streaming: Tidal and Qobuzz (44x24)
Man..... I decided to pace myself and hold off the libation... take an excellent nap ( a couch in the listening room is acoustical sleep treatment! And we now have a top secret incident necessitating the replacement of IC!s
feel for ya man :-) 
Steve - I do have a fair bit of AQ and the signal side of my Reference system is all AQ. Casa Pacifica is an evolving bunch of cables with AQ, Kimber, Nordost well represented. My Vintage system is also a mix of Blue Jeans ( pre DBS ) AQ, Fulton, Chord, Kimber, etc....
fun
@slaw an accident with upside !!!!

when stuff breaks, I tend to upgrade it as was my path with power amplifier- each Oh-S&&&&& turned into an upgrade in Sonics but at some cost...
Thanks James - not a copy for sale on Discogs - will check Yep Roc site later....
Steve - my time at Duke was limited - most classes were in 8 countries abroad where y’all didn’t translate all that well. I suspect I picked that up during our three years + in lovely charming and very Southern Charleston, SC

Last nite I was too fried to work the TT
did hospital jail break yesterday with father in law. Got him settled in at his home and got the War Dept safely home after her nearly 5 day stint there with him....

My hat off to all those who are the heavy lift caregivers and health professionals of the world...
@slaw thanks for the Lisa Live in Dublin tip...streaming that now

love learning new stuff from y’all 
@noromance rolling the dice with ya brother - advertised as NM ( unopened ) copy of At Pete’s Place for $10 USD....God i love Discogs and the mailman...
Bob imo any Denon punches far above weight - I just lent buddy my ancient Denon DP-35 with an Ortofon red on it to replace his deck in for repair- he loves it and he runs a recording studio :-) it’s ALL about the music

welcome !!!!!!!!
Streaming it @slaw 

Van M - A Period of Transition ( Qobuz 96x24 )

loves the gooooove....
61 here at Our Lady of Perpetual Sunshine- Shrine to the Tanned Surfer Girl...

sunlight streaming in....
ya those Dynavectors were and are state of the manufacturing art....i had a Ruby on my SOTA back in the day, coveted the Diamond, which i sold more than a few...

@slaw I am missing him also... Rip Mr. Prine. His lovely wife mentioned some charity to consider contributions to in a Rolling Stone article on his death
Charles Lloyd and the Marvels + Lucinda Williams: Vanished Gardens

this is a masterwork ! 
@slaw i caught them for $1.05 in Cleveland just before they hit the big time!!!! Up and comers sponsored by M-105 AOR FM station... fun
That’s so funny Jame, Inwas head down in liner notes for Gabriel- Us also.... two ah ha: Eno credited as “ extra brainstorming “ and the Sonics are in my mind anyway impressive- Linn Numerik system credited to original master ( the pro machine, I have never seen one )

fun
@slaw thanks brother, I have been blessed and my gifts always seem to return as flowers in a great Karmic wheel - without expectation 

you are on the list !!!