Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 23 responses by tomic601

….. go Spencer go !

well BC fish trip #2 canceled with half the crew down w Covid….bullet dodged, so i now have an extra week to muck around w system and music….

White Ladder was so important to me in that place and time….. ah the ability of music to transport us BACK in time….. i binged bought everything he had done to that date… streaming the 20 th Aniv. as I type…er henpeck…

Unitiserve on the fritz…may upgrade

Brent Jesse is a prince, he has replaced Andy at Vintage Tube…. sadly…because Andy doesn’t answer the phone….. argh….

some great tunes being played…… inspirational…..

@bslon I will check out that Blackberry Smoke EP. i was super fortunate to catch them live at 300 ish person club….man are they a great live band…. came out hitting hard from the get go…

best

Jim

Nick….i loved Crash Test…sadly the masses didn’t..or tge record company mavens…. a WRY favorite…

Joel - I would put Romantic Warrior on a desert island disc list anytime…. assuming we get 25 or so….who is counting ?

Finally broke down and tore into the B  and O TX table….. Server is busy w Aja… as i work to restore the relic…. Peter L of Soundsmith is fond of them….. we shall see, er…. hear…

Yes the TX is one of the Tangential trackers. I bought it several years on now…from original owner who had a very sizable classic collection of records that i just missed… argh… the dust cover hinge had failed…i have had it in my garage system for several years now…. fun. Steve - will send you a pic to compare w buddies… 

My one step Kind of Blue has a freaking … POP…. i am so disappointed they weren’t able to “ fix “ that in the digital domain…..

Normally in the all analog remastering process, a lightning hand on the EQ…can take out those nasty ticks and pops…..

@big_greg i can drive down and pickup all the MoFi digital trash… at firesale pricing, of course… wink….

it’s been a minute….

Blind Faith - S/T ( 1/2 speed Abbey Road ) thanks ! @slaw

Dylan - Time Out of Mind - remaster box set….love this…

it’s been a minute….

Blind Faith - S/T ( 1/2 speed Abbey Road ) thanks ! @slaw

Dylan - Time Out of Mind - remaster box set….love this…

reunited w my vinyl rig after a Summer away fishing…

In arrears today:

Fleetwood Mac - Future Games

on now: Tom Petty - Wildflowers and All the Rest

Thanks Brian - excellent season but it’s over up North anywayyyy….

Second play thru in as many days… Nagra 70 th , jury out on absolute value but certain bits are excellent sonics…  

Alberta Hunter - Amtrak Blues

on a recommendation of Brian @noromance 

a fantastic LP…..

Bill - I just ran Julie thru the Degritter….. your cover art is much more vivid than my AAP….

@bdp24 pace yourself brother….i am back up to 3+ tables…. fuzzy NEW math….

best to all, great thread even as streaming inspiration 

Henley - Cass County

Clapton and BB - Riding with the King

side note…another plus for Artful Dodger…..

On deck Blues Summit - MoFi

In arrears;

Dead - Mars Hotel ( 45 rpm )

Free - Best Of

Currently : Cooley / Hood / Isbell - Live At The Shoals Theatre - special thanks to @slaw for turning me on to this fantastic box set…… tasty