For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

Steely Dan - Everything Must Go ( 2021 RSD )

now on this, i am greatly missing the slam of the subs on the 7's...

" that's when i remember the things i miss the most..... "... ironic 

Putting Crosby - Name 50 th on the list, love that masterwork. I have a decent sounding German pressing but it's NM minus on a good day downhill with the wind and humidity....

Steve - now that was funny ! About spit up my Java :-) RSD = Royal Scam ?

caught some live music today, reflecting shell / building..outdoor seating..

Evansong - Dene Davidson Quintet

ah man....lightly amplified  but oh so tasty...

yes, James....the curious are lined up....cool !

Amy Helm - What the Flood Leaves Behind

James - I echo Brian - The Voice is supposed to be stellar , especially for the $, enjoy it in good health

i have been playing a few of the discs i sent to Perfect Vinyl Forever. Serious US clean ! I am gobsmacked with the increase in detail, micro mostly. Fun for $11 a disc. i will be a repeat customer for sure. 

Terry Evans - Putting it Down ( Audioquest ) Also got the PVF US clean.....yikes..... ;-)

i need more Rube Goldberg in my life….. Condo life however screams Degritter… i know, “ First world vinyl problems “….

Trombone, a 6th grade parental forced march into doom…. i think i knew enough notes to be 4th or 5th out of nine…it was ugly…..

I can give a strong second to the Louis, especially the Classic Records pressing…. goosebump material for sure….

James do you have the Muai Revealed app ? we love it. Also check out Tin Roof restaurant, freaking awesome grinds….cheap by Maui standards…

@j_husker ya man Savoy !

Street Corner Talking on the streamer, adding it to the LP quest…

Brian Wilson - At My Piano ( sampling on streamer ) @bdp24 thinking about you Eric - wishing you a great holiday in the best health

Hi Tom - My only sonic datapoint is the copy i have; 200 g Mono on AAP , which i will admit sounds lovely…admittedly i don’t have a mono cart……

IF it doesn’t float yer boat, turn it into LRS tradebait…..

culinary tasks are complete, 2x bourbon pumpkin pies with outlaw crust from scratch…  

Tom - Pet Sounds AAP mono thick disc is like $80 on Discogs….just saying…expensive tradebait.

@bdp24 the Brian Wilson Piano is out on Qobuz and is super wonderful… the microphones are somewhat distant but tone, sustain and sense of acoustic space are all just wonderful…. enjoy…high rez 2

Happy Thanksgiving to all ! Best thread and group of music lovers on Audiogon :-) I am grateful for the fellowship 

A family tradition: Al Hirt - Live at Carnegie Hall

Dad loved Carnival of Venice, it brought out the audiophile in him as he would talk about his wistful desire for the Bozak Concert Grands….. ha, the affliction is taught…

+++ @puffball08 my faded recollection is i had an MTV crush of sorts on them…

War Dept. informed me the other day that they still play out…. 

@sourpuss123 @sbank Yes to R L Jones ! we were blessed to catch her live w concert grand at Triple Door  in Seattle…. she was fantastic….+++++++

RLJ - Pirates ( which i consider an emotive sonic landscape master work )

Great day out on the lamb in the California sun w audiophile and fellow music lover brother in law..

RSD Haul ( Lou’s Records, Encinitas ) ;

Hendrix - Paris 67

Chris Isaak - Beyond the Sun

Dusty - Atlantic Singles 1968-1971 mono

Isbell and the 400 Unit - Georgia Blue

Little Feat - Electrif Lycanthrope ( i have a bootleg CD )

Leonard Cohen - Songs of Love and Hate

and some from my stereo shop haunt;

Doors - LA Woman ( AAP 45 rpm )

Floyd - Momentary Lapse ( 45 ) the one y’all been lauding

Bob Marley and the Wailers - Catch a Fire ( Abbey Road remaster )

Fagen - Nightfly ( German pressing )

Alison Krauss / Union Station - Paper Airplane

Krauss / Plant - Raise the Roof ( plain Jane blue cover )

ya man…..

ya have to love when ya buy a used LP and it comes in a MoFi sleeve…. just sayin…

Lyra will look at Delos no charge IF it’s not wornout. Fingers crossed, mine it still sounding great !

Sorry Steve, record comment meant as compliment to your skill ! 

I am not a great robot….yet…. what do you expect with three brain cells ?

Tim - pent up demand  and a bit of leftover birthday $ are a dangerous combination….

Spencer that sounds like a cool LRS indeed ;-) Those must have been an amazing dozen …wow..

LA Woman will have to wait…a bit….Review forthcoming…

Tim - how cool ;-) 

@sourpuss123 great story - my grandmother console an 18 wpc Fisher tubes , was polluted with Ray Connif….and worse….

@puffball08 as the 70’s Eagles sang… “ every form of refuge has it’s price “..

but oh so true…

Linda Ronstadt turned me on to a great book about California water - The Dreamt Land - Chasing Water and Dust across California ( Pulitzer prize winning author Mark Arax

Plant / Krauss - Raise the Roof ( the vinyl sonics are good to great..so far… )

@puffball08 agreed. while in Calif, i live a scant half mile from a million gallon a day desalination plant…..i think it is expanding to 2m. Where are you at ? i am in Carlsbad. Stop by sometime!