For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

ha! War Dept hacked my phone, i am just 29….again…
Tubes, old Tubes rule , thanks for all the well wishes. best thread and people on the Gon
what u rolling Brian ? oh fellowhip of the Croft…those cleartops are fairly neutral….
Roll Away ! smoke em if ya got em ! I have been rolling the MC240 of late as well. it’s fun and excellent listening skill development..
have fun
+++++ the AAP 45 rpm Laid Back is freaking awesome…

Bomb Cyclone was bumping the power today, so i went off grid w stereo..

Black Crowes - Shake Your Money Maker

Does anybody have the 4LP 30 th box of that ? not that…i…NEED it….
Brian - I had “ the hippies with a piano “ on today also..

Renaissance - Turn of the Cards

Mazzy - Swan
@slaw Steve thanks so much for Rumor - Live at Lafayette, smoky, sultry perfect
yes, prayers answered - Foot is healed ,
 thanks for all the well wishes along the long winding journey 
Jennifer Warnes - I Can Remember Everything

@noromance recommended disc. Has the english vibe going…Early look at her talents…fun.
bingeing on various Petty, man loved his singing with the white witch…..
Evening Joel !

Another War Dept. hack - King Curtis - Live at Fillmore West.
@bslon right on ! i miss his radio shown on XM also, he knew relative obscure stuff….
@almosthome best to think of us as vinyl crack dealers….

Don Henley - Cass County compliments of the War Dept. who also hacked my outdated discogs wishlist…ha.
Petty - Angel Dream - RIP Tom you graced the world with some fine tunes….. rock on

@sbank for sure, i should have said flat black plastic disc South, provenance questionable...ha.

I love Ten New Songs…..dig Sharon.

BTW i just about punched out a dude and his bromance concert attendee at Warren Haynes…dude was talking all night about mowing his lawn..while Warren was smoking….WTF….

Almost happened again at G. Allman show….
Steve - I have MFSL 45 rpm of American Beauty, Workingmans and Blues for Allah , nothing but digital to compare to

I do agree that finding a good spot to split Terrapin is problematic at best…great trippy side that it is….i have always thought it had a layer of grunge in it….

Brian - Congrats on the Treo for sure, i am guilty as charged !,,,,
speaking of the Dead, i do so hope Terrapin will get the MoFi 45 rpm treatment…..a guy can hope…

Police Box Set - Zenyatta
Tubes, and The Tubes ! rule ;-) Jealous of all the live concerts being attended !…. like Hillman, just “ biding my time “….
@tgilb ++++ Natalie.. Frankly i could listen to her reading knitting instructions….
@johnneboi welcome to the best thread and people on audiogon. I fish Sekiu fairly often. You got it good !
Yes - Leave Your Sleep is favorite - Bleezers Ice Cream Store in particular…
i think the Belles 400 is derived from Lincoln industrial welder for current delivery….ha.
Natalie - Paradise is There - The New Tigerlilly Recordings

We caught her live in SF at the Warfield for this tour….a high point i hope to some day eclipse…..
nice mix of tunes and commentary…i always learn from hanging here…..

Natalie - Rarities on the streamer, hosting a bday party for War Dept BFF, surf n turf.

@slaw Amy Helm sings w Natalie on St. Judas

man, they are so very fine…….
80’s stuff I love ; Dylan Infidels and Oh Mercy, Boomtown, Midnight Oil, INXS, McMurtry, Dregs, RLJ Pirates, Pretenders…. ya man

Foghat - Live

This album absolutely ate Infinity tweeters…..before i got a big A Phillips 210 wpc amp for the Qb

fun memories….

Greg - Awesome, the SOTA support hotline is available today ! I am confined to the recliner as I wore myself out winterization of Das Boot !
super excited for you :-)

thinking of changing my business card to Financial Un-Planner !

Joel - My services are free , like the local crack dealer….first hit..i do have an extra Nakagoka cartridge that i can send you…i loan it out for exactly reason stated….

I am also contemplating some vinyl playback  system enhancements late Fall into Winter….funded by paring out the vintage “ third system “….

on to music..

;-) Tim.

Calexico - Even My Sure Things Fall Through ( server )

Man, this sounds great…
Calexico - In the Reins ( server ) I gotta get some of them on vinyl…what are the faves from the crowd here ?
Yes input on the Floyd 45 rpm please !

thanks Tim and Steve on Calexico
i knew you guys liked them…

Brian - I believe the saying is “ when I am gone I sure hope my wife doesn’t sell the boat and stereo for what I told her I paid for it….”
Steve - thanks for heads up ! That is a great LP …sounds like made better….
FM……. Brian

But i agree, Love the NAIM streamer at the Condo, less so the Blue Sound even tho a bit hotrodded…finding new music, avoiding stuff i might buy on impulse on Discogs…etc…

SOTA is boxed and will travel South w us ….so server and streamer this eve….

Greg - 3 days vs. our " normal " 2.. but should have done 3.5... God i hate the full length of LA in rush hour.... haulback of LP and gear made me leary of overnite parking...

Pink Floyd - Momentary Lapse via Tidal, sounding good thru NAIM / Music Reference and Treo...