For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

Amy Helm - What the Flood Leaves Behind ( streaming while I await arrival of the black disc ) Mic overdrive and grit on track 2 makes her sound a lot like Susan Tedeschi. IMO the title cut alone is worth the price of admission…
Steve - Thanks for asking after me. i am holding my own but damage requires a few more layers, so looking at at least a few more weeks of limited mobility… This thread helps sustain me.
Trish was there just across the river - donated blood that evening..rented a car to drive back to St. Louis. I was in my office high above the runway at LAX watching all the birds come land…

I helped build those planes, our beautiful birds…. 

Yes, i weep

to this day
Amy Helm - Audiotree Live ( Tidal )

Jazzed, got my Modjeski “ Pot in a box “ vintage potentiometers in today…next step is box / Pigtails… Will see just how much grunt and drive the Herron has….
@bdp24 Fretless is out of the question IF she has any standards at all !

salivating at the mere thought of live tunes
@bdp24 Eric you would really enjoy Amy Helm new LP. First track sonics are so….. Lavon drum inspired w warm yet intimate Barn sound…..

Hope you are well brother 
Safe travels Joel. Prayers for your sister; Grace, peace and a restoration to health !

Ronstadt / Riddle - ‘Round Midnight ( server

the perfect balance of perfectly voiced vocal microphone , instruments AND dripping sound stage ambience….
Finally…but it will be in great moderation

Leonard Cohen - Live in London on the…. SOTA….
Greg sadly no. Hard to believe he has been gone almost 20 years.

I was up super late listening last eve, takes a lot of Java to float tge battleship this AM.

Emmylou - Cimarron ( server )

My task today is queue up 16 discs to send to Perfect Vinyl Forever
@waltersalas thx, really digging Mercy Now

i am a sucker for pared down but gut wrenching, this is a master work in that respect… wow
Mercy Now and Trouble and Love are just awesome - thank you @waltersalas and @sourpus123 
Warren - The Wind

As @sourpuss123 brought up a record that finds you in your time of need…well me anyway
“ I hear mariachi static on the radio

and the tubes they glow in the dark “

WZ
Hemming - S/T

i like her voice, but the clipped vocal mic is driving me nuts…i know it’s intentional / producer. but the board surfer in me has me jerking ti reach the slider….Track 2 is better….

Now, i am not so sure, is the vinyl vocal clipped on track 2 peaks also - thinking it’s the streamed file upload…

Laura Marling - Once I Was An Eagle ( Streamer Qobuz )

…… wow, no kidding Tim
Tom - The movie edition version of the song Stones from the River is awesome, duet w Patty is just stunning, once heard it cannot be unheard….
@noromance that last Clark Terry is 1957/58… right up your alley, make the 57’s sing for supper….

Dire Straits - The S/T debut….. ( server )
Damon Fowler - Sugar Shack ( server )

Good ole swampy guitar slinger roc n roll….

@bdp24 some Telecaster magic unleashed…

Damon Fowler is an American electric blues and blues rock singer, guitarist, and songwriter. Allmusic noted that "his sound is blues based, but there are hints of country, swamp rock, R&B, and swing in his playing and song writing."[2]

Over the years, Fowler has worked with Delbert McClinton, Chris Duarte, Buddy Guy, Johnny Winter, Edgar Winter, Jeff Beck, Robin Trower, Gregg Allman, Junior Brown, Rick Derringer, Little Feat, Jimmie Vaughan, Victor Wainwright, Butch Trucks, Dickey Betts and the Radiators.[1][3]

Traffic - Shootout ( server )

As James would say : “ stuck in traffic “
@drrsutliff could possibly update us on Uber. I for one greatly miss him - a super solid contributor.

Ani DeFranco - Living in Clip ( server )
what do they say, don’t let the gate hit ya….

sorry couldn’t resist..

Anna Ternheim - The Night Visitor
streaming coolness… Rough Mix….

somewhere out in the garage is a pirate cassette….
“ I move to dissolve the corporation
in a pool of margaritas “.    Everything Must Go

Well i jinxed it, Excitable Boy promo copy aint…. argh…. Does appear minty tho.

Tom - i will check out your dude - thx for tip….