For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

better to burn out than it is to rust…… who sang that ?

My, my..hey…hey..

Neil Young - Zuma ( from the above mentioned NY Archives releases ) This is in places maybe a whisker hot so I dropped some 220 loading plugs in.....yowsa..instant weight on the 6 string...
Joel - I have her disc To Bring You My Love cranked up, hope the neighbors like it...loud..

from the server
War Dept counters the “good patient “ myth with assertion that i Picked up a 20# bag of Traeger pellets....

Miles Davis Sextet - Someday My Price Will Come ( Analogue Productions APJ - 8456 )

bit in arrears;

Steely Dan - Two Against Nature, Thelma Houston - Music In Me ( Sheffield ), Genesis - Duke, Cowboy Junkies - All That Reckoning

Still running in the Mazda Silver 12ax7….. promising…but early….

oh man..1962 was a year, @noromance  I am rolling the dice on ya....again...

Ya Joel ! Spinning Ghost now from the box set….

Caught them live on that tour, by then it was arena rock with sonics to match…

Crooked Still - Shaken by a Low Sound compliments @slaw 

lovely..dripping in harmonic richness...
Joel - my copy of Jazz has some weird stuff going on in a few places...but overall very enjoyable...
Greg - why wait for evening ? it looks like that sort of deranged and nihilistic screed is done nearly 24/7/365 including on the company dime....

Ry Cooder - Bop Till Ya Drop
@bdp24 back stories behind the beat

just another title for the book, audio book...

i think i could give some energy to a project like that....
Mike what a wonderful post and research, I dig horns :-) I am after all a failed Trombone player....
got in a M copy today of Eric Clapton - There’s One in Every Crowd

Another layer of texture revealed....says the cat upon discovering tail....own tail....
seriously, what fun....

I got a nice box from Walker and will be comparing his system with my hybrid Nitty Gritty / Brooks Berdan system.

Steve - I ordered the Joni box for Bro in Laws birthday, he has a MoFi Ultra w Ortofon Bronze, he looooooves Joni.

Tommy Tutone - S/T

yes, i find this thread and solid contributors to be an essential part of my listening day….

;-) Glad you are here James…

i love the tempo change in Queen of Hearts and the horns… i spent some significant time in Macon, i felt the groove…faint as it may have been by then…..

Greg - R Lee J just released memoir... Last Chance Texaco ( one of my top ten songs..... )

@bslon ​​​​@spiritofradio I just adore Laid Back - spinning it now, also the AAP, which imo is worth the extra $$$$

great story - Chinese fire dept. i spent a bit of time there, oh the stories tellable and untold.....IF we ever get together over cigars and Clapton, remind me of Tai chi on the Great Wall....
Steve - my opinion of 45 rpm Getz / Gilberto.....breathtaking.....like a high speed big tape protection master.....hovering near saturation..but masterfully a db away......
.....it all depends....most gear rewards tube rolling, some voiced for the new tubes..not so much. The Herron is that way, the Croft not at all. My REF5se greatly benefited with an ancient NJ production NOS 6550 in the power supply....however, all the above greatly benefit by isolation. i prefer HRS but currently have the Herron under some Stillpoints as i work out a better shelf - the stillpoints may prevail....

fun rabbit.....hole...
Steve please ask your buddy if he had a 2a? so far every NOS tube i and a few others have thrown at it has been a solid step backwards...mirror matched clear top RCA from the heyday of Harrison, etc... Andy Bowman provided stuff...but hey, who knows..

on Fremer, he has Hagerman who created BK’s phono commenting, thats imo a good thing...

smoke em if ya got em, roll em ya can
Melissa Etheridge - S/T ( DMM Gold stamped promo, looks minty )

bit bright and forward, i never owned this back in the day but enjoyed hearing cuts on AOR FM stations....

i have a deep pour of Freak Show going......who knows....

Edit: Last three cuts side A very nice....

Ran the Japan pressing of EC - Just One Night thru the 4 step Walker process, good results....not sure worth effort to setup a three new sequential MoFi trial....not an ALL CAPS third person religous experience....but ......too early to decide...

fun
i think the Hagerman is crying out for mass, then springs......
like a 1/4 or more plate w holes drilled for tubes, granite base and springs.....

Cross Eyed Mary.......freaking rocks.....
got dry rub on a prime......might need US cleaner to get smoke particles off of me....

also Brian, Fremer lays out the Hagerman circuit as gain, phase splitter, gain. i would be inclined to change the gain stages in pairs, phase splitters last. i was trained by Vandy and Modjeski, and stayed at a holiday Inn.
@slaw i forgot what you had to say and i wanted to form my own opinion....but good to know we agree..cause i was about to go mess w VTA tower....

its a fun  blast from past disc and was like ten bucks....

i spent more on the Freakshow... ha
hey BK....Jim H is replying to ? on the Fremer Analog Planet review....i would ALSO ask him...
trying out the 4 step Walker Audio RC process this eve, new old wax arrived... Warming up with a reclean of EC - There’s One in Every Crowd.....