For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

I hope so Uber, I broke my own rule and bought a less than NM.... dip a toe into the dark deep waters... ha
@allears4u thanks so very much Bugge is just freakin fantasmogoric- Snowing inside My Piano is sublime...
Norah Jones - Day Breaks ( Blue Note )

love the smoky groove... just in time for happy hour
Spirit- streaming The Hours now - perfect for the rain here.... even the ancient Labrador cut short the walk
@slaw thanks so much Steve for the Cardas sweep record- works like a charm :-) Norah hits the high notes

Sting - Dream of the Blue Turtles

visually nm- but several skips on play....

to the full pile she goes....
Sting - Nothing Like the Sun

$1 bin diving at a Goodwill, how snobby can we be ?...
Broke into this....

Dire Straights - Love Over Gold ( MoFi 45 RPM )

.... this is revelatory.... I probably sold a cool million in big iron with the OP and completely burned out on it.... thirty years later and it is reborn....
Caravan - Cunning Stunts

thanks Spiritofradio- first time I have heard this :-)
I have not.... I somehow missed a lot of music.... mixing sound for a Punk / Rockabband will do that to ya in your formative years.... ha

i want to be home when the postman delivers that disc..., just saying
Patty Griffin- Silver Bell

seeking refuge in the music department....

but a/b the TT against the 44x24 Qobuzz stream...
Having said all that rubbish, I have three rabbits myself and a 4th on extended loan. It may be or maybe not in Jennifer Lewis hat.... remains to be seen, not heard....

Welcome back Brian and good you got Mom to her home safe ;-)

Bill - Good Robot !

Elf factory of 1 been busy with work and shipping so i have been streaming… The Band 50 th of Cahoots has arrived, so i anticipate spinning that tonight as a nightcap.

I am a Postal Service grade robot stuck in the FedEx fastlane…

James.....tough question but i was mighty impressed how well the 44.1 x 24 stood up to LP. It is raining cats and dogs so no hyper critical listening just now...

Does anyone have a bootleg copy of Silver Bell?

btw Qobuzz has 3 x Patty albums in the x24 format, all at least thru my name DAC benefit from the greater bit depth.
@slaw was thinking of ya today :-) scored tickets to Hiatt / Jerry Douglas in August and then Teskey Brothers in October...

jazzed !!!!
Erik - I paid the so California beach markup for loft seats :-) we caught Jerry in Asheville at the  Orange Peel - small intimate and he freaking rocked.... crazy about his stuff but all my JD solo is on server
our show out in August so thinking good odds if we are alive...
Amos Lee is 3/24... thinking that isn’t going down, Belly Up seats about 300
nice Slaw, run the surplus toy list by us first!!!
Uber the Ruby  23 was our best selling cart and sweet :-) great score. 

fun
@slaw put a comforter in there and get it off balance.... now that’s a test !!!!

@noromance looked at your two systems the other day as a consequence of the 301 TT thread - very nice! Love the Vintage system and the basement record vault...
Steve I was just messing with ya - I am holding out for the “ Everything Must Go “ sale !!! And that’s my final offer :-)

I left comments on your washing machine proof wall mounted rack - dude!!!! Supercool
The Patent Application is in work Steve !!!

isolation and sound quality enhancement in an overheated off balance Whirlpool dominated world

hows that for an abstract title ?

we promise -200 dB ( denim Bluejeans ) improvement 
In all seriousness, neighbor did nice welding and your overall design looks excellent 
Hamp’s mono disc on the way - love this thread, discogs and fake virtual $$$$$
So glad you nailed it !!!!!

i had a win today tracing down some noise - nothing like your improvement I am sure but a nice Dopamine hit !!!
Crooked Still - Shaken by a Low Sound

can smell the rosin on the bow

thanks Steve !!!!
Waves of rain squalls all day
but good signal to noise at the moment- every now and then a grumble from the ancient Labrador ...

great album love the percussive playing and her voice... an angel...

“ cried oh the dreadful wind and rain
and the only tune that fiddle would play
is oh the dreadful wind and rain ‘...