For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

Dire Straits - Making Movies ( MoFi 45 rpm #2514, it looks like 2513 was the lucky white hot stamper.... oh well, maybe next time ??????! )
the guitar reverb reeks of carmelized chocolate, echoes of flowery text to the drunken lyrics with a hint of jasmine in the hi hat...
streaming Eva - Acoustic.....enjoying the pared down takes...she was a wonder
@slaw The mymat bits showed up today, cut to fit and placed under the Magic Bricks !!!!!! Thanks for thinking of me ;-)

Jim

@slaw ! Cool, it feels like I ordered Tapestry a year ago for Trish, one of her absolute favorites….. have to pick it up w RCM, same local shop….audio and record crack dealer…

@tgilb  Thanks so much for detailed and well thought out evaluation of the Colvin / Earle collaboration. I like to think i have invested in decent analog LP, digital and high speed tape gear to discern relative strengths and weaknesses, but i appreciate the input..especially prior to investing in the LP. …many, many thanks

Jim

Steve - Yes night before last, got home late yesterday so i missed her live stream w Q and A, hopefully they archived it. I have it on again now and am impressed with it. I like the tone, rhythm and departure from pure Americana. First track has some impressive low end grunt. My white vinyl pressing is super quiet over 95% or better… Super enjoyable.

I see available also on Tidal.

Jim

Steve - Yes, the Crooked Still LP you sent me so generously is a sonic wonder ;-)

i didn’t know about 2 LP version either… argh….our obsession is a full time job..

I also see Railroad Earth has 2 x LP available now for preorder 4/22 delivery if memory serves….

Bruce Forman - Reunions ( limited thru his FB page ).. highly recommended if ya like hollow body jazz guitar w drums, bass…

Vices…and …Habits… and Discogs access..24/7/365….. indeed, just ordered it….Japan, Germany, USA ?…..

What a sweet album….brings a tear to my old eye…was a kid when i heard this on FM….glowing tubes….

@#$&$#@........after warmup, the Ref system just destroys .... a real first world problem

on deck Romantic Warrior
Warren Haynes featuring Railroad Earth - Ashes and Dust, which is sounding great......

and Steve is correct, Man in Motion has some grit and compression in the mids , evident on certain of the multi track bits, but not all. i was graced to catch this tour live in a super smal venue and he tore it up, youthful enthusiasm on my part, fond acoustic memory.....
@slaw ha!,,,, what else did you expect from Ohio troublemaker? no scraps deployed North. i did bring a brick and scraps and all 3 South bricks now have mymat under. i got them installed hours before leaving...

will advise IF it’s enough to fix Warren Haynes.....stay tuned....
Tony Joe White - Bad Mouthin..... 45 rpm, white lightning vinyl.....

thru a 1965 Mac MX-110Z

dedicated to @elliot

Happy Saturday ! Streaming all the music y’all played last eve…. Josie ! Bill i missed that one also….

I dig just about anything Ray does.

in arrears: 
Linda Ronstadt - Live in Hollywood 
The Police - Zenyatta ( from the box set recommended by @ slaw )
Eric Clapton - Backless

SOTA power supply sitting on MyMat pad on top of VPI Magic Brick....

” that’s the kind of girl you can never find at home “.....
The Police - Ghosts in the Machine ( box set Abbey Road remasters, very much worth it IMO )
snow here North of Greg, maybe 5” down at sealevel, and we have power !!! tubes warming up, espresso maker humming along...

BTW, snow improves signal to noise, time to hunt down things that vibrate......

Brian - So appreciate the LP covers, especially the “ wild man “

@whatsaftumch Great contributions so far, please do ! Best tgread on audiogon made so by posters. Nice tribute to a friend. I have seen Rickie in her faded glory behind a concert grand, had she knocked on my door, i would’ve asked her to stay some count of decades…..

RLJ - Pirates ( which i consider her masterwork. )

Steve, not a fair fight...I hooked the SOTA up in the vintage room to isolate an issue w MX-110 phono stages and then got sidetracked.."i will get it moved to Reference system over next several days......
David Lindley, small venue, acoustic solo, small amp electric, no PA.....just insanely good.
Steve i have Rumors cranked up.....

wishing i had brought new Mazzy with me North...
The Peter Malick Group - Chance and Circumstance featuring: Norah Jones, Kirsten Proffit, Jess Klein, Mercy Malick and a fave of of few on this thread Antje Duvekot...

Wish this was available on LP, CD on the Marantz Pro will have to do, using the big gun DAC...hardly seems fair.

Malick can play

….must…NOT…lust after…wait for it……….

A mono cartridge…..

Steve - I have been streaming many of @noromance mono picks……enjoying them a bit 2 much….