For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

I just have this on server ( 2001 remaster on Epic a bit forward and a tad bright imo ), what would you esteemed gentlemen say is best Vinyl LP ?
boil a frog slowly...moved the speakers another little bit today...tweaked EQ and bass Q just a whisker....yummy....

God help me if the War Dept. has measured the initial setup....
6t5 I can highly recommend Silver Bell as I think Slaw urged me to squander the remainder of my 409K on it...

btw

should I come available, Patty is first in line

in my mind
@slaw caught her in smallish venue w Union Station in Charleston.... she is freakin amazing... I sat right by mixing board - she and that whole band are the real deal w chops to match....
Alison Krauss - Live

iF she elbowed Patty out of first in Line...

I wouldn’t whine....

@slaw being worth more dead than alive and the War Dept. being cognizant of this fact, I am highly unlikely to end up eligible.... just saying 
Memories... my prep skool roommate had a Gibson SG and I had a Fender Jazz and we used to attempt this....

idiots with chemical help....
West Coast second wind....

Gov’t Mule - Live With a Little Help From Our Friends

my favorite  version of Thirty Days in Hole

@bdp24 i read the Rolling Stone review of the documentary on the flight to Seattle and instantly thought of you - I couldn’t find your email in my contacts and I thought snail mail might not do !!! Glad to hear you knew about it !!!
i enjoyed big pink tonight !!! Love the kick drum on the first track.... lock on

Jesse Sykes - Oh, My Girl

dig the guitar tone and feel of this whole album...
@bgross Welcome !!!!! I sold a lot of KEF Reference series back in the day - great sound :-))))
J.D. Souther - Black Rose

getting primed to catch him live later this week....
But I am back...

Willie Nelson - Teatro ( this is a fantastic recording.... )
Probably just the album cover, the sonics, the wine but this venue is my kind of reverberant space..,
Poor signal to noise today as the wind and whitecaps are from the South, so I am ripping thru my collection of Traffic and working....
@noromance I feel
exac same way about Low Spark - playing that now....

do you use a mono cartridge?

Yes :-) many of us have bought discs mentioned here.... this is IMO best thread and peeps on Gon

must just be the phono section…ha. Messing with you.

I think i need a much needed pilgrimage to Joshua Tree….

I am a cactus robot in a fake astroturf lawn world

Dead - American Beauty ( MoFi 45 rpm )

holy $&@$$$ first time playing this on the Octet of RAM matched EL-34 tubes.... so very phatt 
J. Geils Band - “ Live “ - Full House

A keeper , refreshing view of a hardworking band before FM overplay ( WMMS ) and ugh... MTV

I would play that troublesome disc and have a look at RTA, and or woofers ( assuming you are not on the stats ) , I think you got a disc w maybe lacking cutter head filtering, Mia EQ or supper tight groove spacing causing this, especially in light of this combo tracking your vast collection prior...
At some point, I need to do the My Mat review - the short version is excellent enhancement to the SOTA mat. I would like to revisit after swapping out the Nakagoka

You do realize Uber ( at last count ) was down 4 TT “ rabbit holes.... best to keep in mind which rabbit to give chase....

whining that  it’s not on Tidal....

pretty soon he is going to buy a box of tweeters...

Y’all playing some great music while i do NAS drive cleanup….your selections are growing my discogs want list…beyond the budget….what budget ?

ya man James…watching the sun come up Christmas morning in Joshua Tree….i can hear the soundtrack now…..

I am a braille robot in a bumpercar world…

When one of u rabbit chasers tires of the Ruby..... send her my way, I promise the slipper WILL fit...
What other Audioquest LP are recommended? I know the freaking default answer is “ all of them “... so I am looking for reasoned , quasi frugal, one shot shell = one dead rabbit - no hole type thinking....

what say the oracle?
It maybe an octet of glowing EL-34, or maybe it’s the wine... but being stuck in traffic is just mighty fine....
Freak, @slaw was right....

you need to own this...

Terry Evans - Puttin’ It Down

Audioquest AQ 1038