For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

@noromance what a great song for today, when Justice dies another death...

I shall play that next! Superman indeed
@noromance i was fortunate to catch Laurie Anderson at a smaller venue and it remains in my top five events memory - much more than a concert
@noromance will do when we get internet at bandwidth restored, somebody cut the big fiber cable, apparently to the town..,,
@noromance indeed you are a man of culture - listening to it now and had to wiki the story line.... way beyond my shallow end of the Opera culture pool !!!!
One of the Portland guys who frequents Echo could probably enquirer there - I believe James TT came from them...
All this fuss about what year... in my posts IF I mention the year it’s the vintage of the wine....
Patti Page - Indiscretion- Stereo on the way, $< 10 so it ranks as a cheap date @nor
To paraphrase Blackberry Smoke: “ If I had the perfect power amp, I would want twins “....
Good score @reubent , way to pay it forward Steve !
in the spirit of culling, I will advertise a few freebies ( after parading the outgoing in front of the space frugal War Department)....
Find a home:

Connie Crothers - Perception ( Inner City 2022 )

my B copy, VG- vinyl, cut out corner, MoFi sleeve
Yes RIP Lyle, thanks for the tears reference Spirit, I look for stuff like that... and value it...
Blackberry Smoke - Little Piece of Dixie....

I can recommend a Q setting of .9 on the subwoofer, roll em if ya got the bones....
Ya man !!!! James - you coming up soon to have some of that experimental Bowman Distillery- Apple ?

i got ones and zeros done right ! @noromance you are invited 2
Sarah M - The Freedom Sessions - getting wound up for the show...., anticipation 
@reubent Planet Waves is one of my top ten MoFi, my copy is very engaging... dig it !!!

i do remember a treacherous journey midwinter Columbus to Dayton circa 1981 to see REO, the High infidelity tour....

I only did it for the girl...
You guys always amaze me with stuff I have never heard of, wide ranging tastes....
War Dept. Adores Stephane Grappelli  - My Other Love

reminds me of dusty hard candy on the tea table at my aunts house...
Ya the Santana thread is deplorable... dumping on a work not heard... like a blind man pissing on a Monet for poor color
Steve - I can recommend Ray L - Monovision.....the soulful groove is 100% Ray
On retrospection, I certainly prefer the darker RT stuff - Beeswing, tons of Charlie in the bulkhead, killed a man in a Brazzaville street fight, cooksferry Queen, Bathsheeba smiles... ya know, cheerfully Disney sort of stuff..

ha all good

imagine a world where everybody liked....
Omg almost pissed myself laughing about Joe S at 33 and a third.... and thinking I have some of his stuff.... lots and lots of notes
Rachmaninov - Symphonic Dances -  Eiji Oue - Minnesota Orchestra - Ref Recordings RM-1504

dynamics and tone color to die for, perfect hall ambiance ( for me anyway)
@reubent - I grew up cranking Live Bullet on my Dad’s stereo, till the tubes glowed blue :-)
Streaming a sampling of Jana Hunter and Devendra Banhart....

I think I relate more to Jana
Ya, Smokin OPS was more party music.... for my youth... “ points all her own, way up high” workin on mysteries without any clues.... the stuff of youth
@noromance well with the massive amount of RT output, there are certainly duds..,

I find his live album Austin City limits excellent, along with Rumor and Sigh, a few others. Have caught him live more than a few times, never a disappointment there..

enjoy and I will stream your recommendation 
Tip of the hat to @slaw - he turned me on to this...

John Fogerty - Deja Vu all over again...
I have the Hope streaming ( Tidal )... atmosand brooding, the sideways War Dept glances are - she is wondering how much I’ve had to drink...