For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

@bdp24 sent me a C. Hurd album, fantastic stuff!!!!

Eric - I am tinkering with RM-9, will PM you for thoughts...
A concept album that is 100% run-out groove loosely based on Duke..... GK’s Plagerism

Duke is a fantastic album...

” and you kill what you fear”
Uber I feel for ya brother, I “ worked “ ten hours last week...

Fleetwood MAC - The Alternate 

early versions, outtakes, a completist....
Short stack of new MoFi Dire Straits 45 RPM to go with Brothers in Arms ( which I love ).... salivating....
So as it so often happens after our little taste dust up ( which I support BTW ! How dull if we all like one week old rum ? )

what do I find in the bin but a stack of recently traded Genesis Vinyl, including some stuff with Gabriel, but the significant balance post Peter... Then There Were Three, Duke, Abacab and a few w PG came home with me...,

now where did I put that well aged Rye ?
@reubent did Spring Session M make the stay or go pile... I mixed sound for a band that covered a few songs from that LP
Fun
My $75 Nitty Gritty soldiers on in true mid-Fi grace.... one of these days I will graduate... I may lie and put a fry daddy sticker on it...
Genesis- Then There Were Three ( OP USA ) minty with slight warp... first time I have heard this on Vinyl since probably 1980...
Alison Krauss & Union Station- So Long So Wrong ( MoFi )

getting the measure of the new power amp... so far she is a fine beast 
I repeat, am not getting a mono setup...

on recommendation from @noromance 

Patti Page - indiscretion

wow, what can be done in early stereo with just five ish or so microphones:-) can strongly recommend this
@reubent now Messenger is a disc I dig. I lucked into a mostly mint copy at Goodwill and passed on a duplicate the other day for like $7, the next one I see like that is headed your way...
Uber: which cards? Btw I ordered that off Discogs the other day !!!

Renaissance - Live at Carnegie Hall ( OP )
@bdp24 the RM-9 is a space heating time machine :-).... echo trails and reverb and creamy sustain
A bit in arrears tonight:

Natalie M - Paradise
Traffic - Low Spark
The Band - Stage Fright
David Rawlings - Poor David’s Almanac ( like all my Acony releases inspired artistry and recording but crappy pressings...
Last one for me even with the vaunted Pacific Time advantage...

The Little Willies - For The Good Times
Uber - good man ! 
3K CD’s ripped into a variety of servers/NAS drives spread out along two coastlines... the NAIM server/DAC combo I have easily bests my now “ vintage” Mac CD player or even the Levinson battleship transport into same DAC and iPad the collection is a finger swipe away...
@slaw Steve - it’s a long story but the short of it is I met Roger in the 80’s when I worked at a Beveridge dealer. Reconnected in early 2018 seeking some advice on electrical engineering texts and test equipment, possibly attending Burning Amp. I mused to War Dept it would be cool to have one of his amps as homage ( RIP ). One with KT-88 in rosewood came up local, so here we are....
@slaw ya man, Jason can tell a story in a song that puts you deep in as one of the characters... love him
Linda could read the instructions for repairing a farm tractor and I would buy the 180 g 45 rpm version.. and her Lowell George covers, don’t for get those and of course JD
Sarah McLachlan - Solace ( APP-052-45 )

dropped down to the 2 ohm tap, light loading the trannys, with the low negative feedback setting - sublime...
Cold and windy on the left coast today, even the tough surfer chicks are scarce... so:

Bob Marley & The Wailers: Babylon by Bus
I have been on a Tori Amos binge today.... 

good save Uber, implement a one week hold....

tomorrow the postman brings 8 mirror matched EL-34.....
Jacintha- Tribute to Ben

Dire Straits- Making Movies ( MoFi 45 RPM #2514 pressing )
Somewhat in arrears for Day

Patti Griffin- S/T
Tom Petty - Hypnotic Eye
London Grammar - If You Wait