Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

@reubent please PM me an address for care package of LPs 

I rode 4 miles today - far cry from 2k in a summer pace, it was all downhill with the wind !
i will get in line for a MyMat 2 when i get thru. a few more system .changes..somebody told me change ONE thing at a time...
Fotheringay- S/T

man she could sing, Hope I meet her ever so slightly past the gate.. just after a kiss for the ancient Labrador...
 Tomorrow  I load The NOS tubes into the Croft phono stage - feeling confident, somewhat confident that the bad gremlins have been banished....,

a mix of Mullards and ultra low nose RCA cleartops from the 60’s...

Andy at vintage tube :-)
Brian - I am the King of objectivity, that’s why I like wine so much !!!! 
Eve of 6th I will be back w Sapphire and metaphorically throw clamp to the winds....
The Hafler kits helped put me thru University $$$ gateway drug to high end audio. We sold Thorens or Denon deck with a Signet, Hafler 101/200 and Vandersteen 2’s wired with Fulton.... yowsa !!!!

enjoy !!!!!!
Rimsky Korsakoff - Scherazade - Reiner - Chicago

the Analouge Productions 45 rpm

lovely
Depends, was Mom a flower child Dead Head in the Sixties ?
just kidding :-) congrats on phono stage - I agree with Steve - something you know well that moves you - enjoy
jim
Yes Rust is super clean as is my recent ( last couple of years Harvest )

I really Dig Old Ways also
Andy at Vintage and RAM tubes are my only sources. 

re Boz - Dig, it’s not me, i have it, played a few times, pressing quality terrible, hope you have better luck.
Greg I agree w sentiment of buying direct from artist :-) good ya!
the Cowboy junkies sent me email this week - Open is being released on vinyl for first time ( preorder ) and they announced they had restocked some out of stock LP’s ( Crescent Moon / Pale Sun ), so I went direct and they wanted $60 to ship 3 LP’s...
so I went to Amaz Smile where at least some of the $ goes to charity of my choice
There are in a thirty year career a few bosses I would cry for.....grace and peace Steve.
OK rolled the NOS tubes into the Croft - they had been in when it failed, so I had an ancient memory of how good it could sound... anyway after a trip across the pond plus it is singing now....
Steve - sorry thought you had an evil silver platter machine on springs... somewhere... you are the LP man :-)
i had many hours working in garage today, McMurtry - Too Long in the Wasteland....sounded great on my NAK... tape i made on a Tandberg deck eons ago ( pre 1987 )...... does any one here have this on vinyl ? sonics...

the music resonates w me.....
Say what one may about Harry P, his writing brought this magical recording into my lexicon and aural landscape at an age where it made a lasting impression:-)

yep best thread on audiogon
Eric - I have the Chicken and Lunch MoFi discs..  I just dig the guys music - sorry that he disavowed Jazz. I love the lyrics to the songs on Bop and the cover art. Reminds me of mixing sound for bands w cheap, oddly colored Fenders.. ha
also in that time I had a home brew HQD system, BOP sounded wonderful on it in the midrange ( as it should - stacked Quads )
Down by the River gets into the same issues as Golrush with overdub harmony vocals - layed in with no headroom ??? Else is just fantastic early Grunge....
The 96 x 24 Qobuz version gets a spin....
much less apparent but it’s overdriven backing vocals.... btw w a decent DAC it’s no contest, yet we shall order comparable vinyl.... because it’s what we do !!!!!
And Neils voice has much more lower tonal resonance and reach, you can really hear it in the bits w less reverb...
So my Dad, jack of many trades went off the deep end into custom muzzle loaders... at one time half the basement ( 40’x40’ )
was racked up slabs of curly.... of course in due time..  a nice chunk will make it’s way into something.....
Forgive me this:

by the inner groove distortion dynamic finale, our intrepid listener is fast asleep...