For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

@spirit I got just one side of Amber in, intriguing and good and will give further listen before opinion
@slaw how wonderful!!!! Great music passed along...

I am streaming World on the Ground - digging it
Herbie Hancock - River: The Joni Letters

pure genius, IMO... on many dimensions, homage included...
@spirit I love Jonatha ( & the story )

reserving judgement on Amber till such time as I can hear it on good set of cans in Seattle
i keep moving the listening chair forward (3’ so far ) to fix issues, which cause other issues, but some things - percussion in particular is stellar - so for now a frustrating but hyper good reference for some things :-)))))
@spirit no worries I love figuring out microphones and placement and trying to correlate to what I am hearing:-) and the Amber was done with microphones and head I am not familiar with :-) this is fun

headed out to see my friend Richard Vandersteen introduction of his new speaker at Stereo Unlimited in San Diego

film at eleven !!!
I can so relate to the unopened pile....
to clean then spin...

Sarah McLachlan - Solace : 45 rpm AP reissue APP 052-45

Dead - Blues for Allah: MoFi 45 rpm No. 1649 / 4000 MFSL 2-483

Dead - From the Mars Hotel: MoFi 45 rpm No. 401 / 4000 MFSL 2-482

yowsa....

weekend houseguests better love the Dead...
@slaw Silver Bell arrived, run thru Nitty Gritty and inspected in full sunlight - at first glance appears immaculate pressing but side one has this weird “ stitching “ does not seem to effect SQ, which is really, really good

BTW upcoming concert cal:

Railroad Earth
Sarah McLachlan
Sinead O’Connor
J.D. Souther

ya man !!!!
River - The Joni Letters - Herbie Hancock....

shed a tear for her voice.... her and Linda, they gave so much
The aforementioned Dead - From the Mars Hotel

so far a fantastic pressing.... fingers crossed - nice Sonics 
Man, this is mighty fine - hope more 45 rpm MoFi on the way....

“May the four winds blow you home”
@bdp24 love it, what ya spinning ? Owe you dinner in May when I am down that way :-)
War Dept eying completely full NEW 350 capacity record rack says: “ what is your long term vision for vinyl here at the condo ?”....

as an economist, my urge was to quote another economist and say: “ in the long run, we are all dead”....

but

” discretion is the better part of valor....

thankfully, the phone rang....
Plan B will be: “ what about Slaw and Uberwaltz, but that sounds like a vegan Resturant with dancing.... maybe German beer
The Police - Zenyatta Mondata ( Dutch pressing )

when this was released I had a pair of Infinity Qb with the 10”
Watkins woofer in a transmission line cabinet and the Phillips Mid in the plastic cup ( factory ) and mdf head with EMIT on a bracket on top.... Frankenstein but sounded great - in a dorm room
@uberwaltz - yes somewhat fluent in Friday Hbr over the years w have spent considerable quality time in San Juan’s. Deer Harbor on Orcas has been our go to place for 35 years. July is perfect but crowded as I am sure you already know. PM and I will assist. IF scheduling works, stop by for music, we are 20 minutes South of SeaTac
Eva Cassidy - Nightbird ( 3 LP and worth it IMO ) !!!!

Take me to the River !!!
Mary Lou Williams - Presents Black Christ of the Andes ( Smithsonian Folkways )
Uber - well, I understand.... and we all have those here that tweak our sensibilities.... 

Latin - Don’t Let the B ‘s Get ya Down
Tori Amos - Under the Pink ( Atlantic R1-82567 )

my wife always says “ don’t jinx it “ so after the first track of this half spreed Abby Road studio remaster unfolded pristine, I instantly jinxed it...  terrible pressing with a skip.. wow, going back as this was new from hyper reputable big seller on Discogs )
Macy Gray - Stripped ( Chesky LP389 )

a referral from the imaging thread, will post my impressions there, but musically a gem for sure !!!

@spirit guessing you will love this as you do Amber
@reubent so true, might be the title and time in my life also :-) to the trade stack she goes !!!!!!
The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Will the Circle be Unbroken : Music Forms a New Circle

3LP also a referral from the imaging thread

UAS 9801
@reubent i always said “ if I could predict the future with any certainty, I would have been retired at thirty sitting on a beach with a drink with money raining on me “....

Abacab is a great garage rocker tape for me and presages the Phil Collins era, traditional Genesis fans eschew... I grew up w Abacab and while certainly not my fave I do enjoy a sporadic play ;-)
Confederation- Sheffield Lab D2D

in the wishy-washy pile.... another listen
Uber best to let well tempered civilization creep in one disc at a time.....