For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

the ancient Labrador is snoring in tune to the horns on “ Your latest Trick”....
Caught Jorma and Jack at the recital hall at Benaroya in Seattle - acoustic and oh so nice !!!!!

Baking mayhem today with a nip of Rye now and then.....

Stones - Beggars Banquet
Cheating a bit tonight by streaming ( Tidal
). 

Dallas Wind Symphony- Jerry Junkin
Reference Recording’s - Horns for the Holidays....

just superb !!!!!
Some girls just wanna spin wax all night
i just don’t have that much ?

my fave Stones album
@boxer12 it was just fantastic, the humor, interplay, mutual respect, just wunderful .. Jack had this massive bass guitar - kinda like the big Talking Heads suit.... just loved it.

@Big_greg - yes by all means do catch a show there, I have seen Wailin Jenny’s also at recital - amazing
Natalie Merchant, Emmylou Harris and Richard Thompson at the main hall, which also has excellent acoustics....
@Uber I am vaguely aware of that, but two things come to whatever is left of my mind...

I like the people on this thread

” laziness is the key to productivity “....

plus, someday I might buy the vinyl 
Indian Head penny from 1969 cryo treated with Bazooka gum as adhesive and damper on the  headshell, any Jazz tweaked knows that.....
So far today;

Blicher, Hemmer, Gadd - Get that motor Runnin’ ( Brinkmann )

Lucinda Williams - World Without Tears ( fantasmogoric)
The best Indian penny demag device I have so far discovered is two George Custer medalians with 240 V leads and tape the medalians to a campfire hot dog roasting wire and let er rip !!! Spirit is correct about 1 per fifty hours or a lifetime, your choice
Natalie Merchant - Paradise is There - The New Tigerlilly Recordings 

( caught her in San Francisco for this anniversary concert series, so memorable )
@reubent memories !!! I was crazy about the Dixie Dregs in 80/81 and was lucky to catch them live at the Agora Ballroom in Cow town , Ohio.... a fantastic show !!!!
@6t5-gto yes!!!! Grant Green

so lyrical, so cool

spinning Matador on your cue

blue note reissue BST-84442 ( Music Matters )
Oh man.... Sand is understated genius... have you caught her live in a reasonable size venue ? Saw her and Paper Airplane at a 2k seat venue in Charleston- omg ..... freakin angel.....
And also, as an aside - caught Jerry Douglas her Dobro player at the Orange Peel in Asheville- man that dude can play !!!
Mood, whimsey, attainable volume level, and as Slaw said is the War Department out on a booze run ( or worse ), what have I recently cleaned, is the dog asleep ? What are you guys on this thread playing ?

like documenting the process of a mad man....
Steve - many thanks, that broke the code!!!! Supposedly NM copy headed my way :-) man does that recording bring back memories 

I had six zip codes in my career including Charleston and a stint at Duke in NC, lucky bastard I would say....
Well...:;()$&@ !!!! Condo below us undergoing remodel, sounds like Little Shop of Horrows dental saw on steroids....

I am at least streaming Colorado loud !!!!

i left the Apple Brandy in Seattle, darn !!!!
@slaw discogs search and I are having marital spat, can you post or PM the super disc catalog number for the Dixie Dregs LP
no hurry
Like the line of thinking...

Chris Hillman - Slippin’ Away

( OP Asylum 7-ELEVEN-1062 ).....
Uber I have a Nag 110 that whole line punches far far above the $ they get....
Seriously, Don B is sort of an analog freak - how are his TT setup skills ???? 
Ah Rhiannon G, man what a voice...

I also adore Planet Waves and unfortunately did not score a RSD Blood, wanting the one step MOFI, on my 2020 list for sure, for sure...
@slaw not that I have read that many rock memoirs or biopics but yes I would say I both enjoy them and the music more... Neil, Linda, Lowell and based on Eric input with order Robbies 2
J.S. Bach - The Six Flute Sonatas - Waterlilly ( funded by VPI )..... oh so good
Uber - Tim just replaced a highly regarded Carmen with a 150, system synergy is everything they say ;-)

@mr_m
Dylan - Planet Waves - ( MFSL ) inspired pick by @bdp24 hope your Christmas was great !!!

i have Cornell on deck and the Robertson book headed my way... ya man
@reubent  Happy Birthday Dude!!!!!! Sixty is just a whisker or two ahead of me! Glad you are soaking up that new vinyl 

can you squeeze a pair of Infinity Beta in your room ?
@elliotbnewcombjr - cool and welcome
iF you find yourself down Carlsbad way, stop in to talk music :-) 

dancing on the razors edge streaming Leo Kottke ( 6 & 12 ) while I await the arrival of Mint unopened Classic Records pressing....