For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

Ya man what a great thread the fellowship of new favorites, shared memory, new artists without the bone crushing ego of seven kilowatt amps and 21” subwoofers....

I do reserve the right to brag about my loveable old mutt of a Labrador
@tooblue ”especially when I am wrong “ I have the LP and the CD , was just listening to I’m Late....
@slaw Steve - yes the two disc MoFi
it has me very intrigued as I believe I know this music inside and out on my digital system and I am hearing much more bass, bass line and articulation on this remaster/release/version/analog

I see this was recorded at Ocean Way, dude’s that had analog down - maybe that the difference and a pisspoor A to D ? Ha

MoFi # 2-476
@uber a high speed Aqualung would make my coveted list... I still have a high speed half track Revox at the studio in the mobile rack....

but I did research Quality Records 45 rpm Aqualung.... holy #####% ! $$&&&
Tull - Aqualung- Steve Wilson remaster - pressing sucks but OMG is Cross Eyed Mary just freaking fantastic:-)

yowsa
And as soon as I say that - Cosmic Hippo led me on a one year quest for a tube preamp that could retain composure in the mighty low frequencies of that strange but musical recording... ha
@j_damon

Richard Thompson- Rumor and Sigh ( MoFi gain 2 816/3000)

” I feel so good I’m gonna break somebody’s heart tonight “...
Level the platter and you will OK and yes springs can relax a bit after table is buttoned up for a period of time. My recent Sapphire sat in shipping box w Springs ( all new )
for over a year which is a long as SOTA advise. IF I ever make it back to Seattle I will recheck... beyond the technical genius of the housesitter ...
Dudes, you have been playin some great stuff, and some I have never heard of....

I dropped off line to make a black butte porter chocolate malt cake w Porter buttercream frosting- gotta feed the people
The Cornell Hurd Band - Fever in the South : Behemoth Records #7797

compliments of @bdp24 , thanks so much Eric !!!!!!
The Dead - The Warfield - RSD 2019

somehow I missed listening to this after cleaning the pile of RSD treasures, wow glad I waited.... 
Buddy Miller - Your Love and Other Lies

BAF 18016 a DMM with excellent Sonics, my Pallas pressing quality is sketchy, maybe it’s just me ????

anyway this is super good, so glad @slaw turned me on to this !!!happy Veteradayh all !!! Thank you for your service!!!
@spiritofradio - done , you can find recipe and photo of finished product in Poverty Bay Sound in virtual systems.... enjoy at your peril
@slaw thanks so much Steve :-) what lovely surprise to find a copy Of Crooked Still in the mailbox today :-) sounds freaking fantastic 
I have the original artwork cover of Street Survivors. Man that was a sad day....

digging out my copy now

and then Rossington / Collins after....
I was a long haired, scruffy bass player mixing sound for a Rockabilly/ Punk band listening to Southern Rock in college.... selling hi-Fi on the side.....

oh the memories....

@uber i saw Blackfoot several times in my Southern Rock awashed youth....and all the others you mentioned....

got Eva Cassidy - Nightbird going now...salve for the soul....
i am streaming today, making an absolute monster lasagne.....analog will have to wait...
Happy Birthday Steve !!!!!!

just flipped 58 myself, had to bake my own freaking cake....but it was a gem. Lasagne is a transport vehicle and de accelerant for Wine !!!!

and yes, Ralph has sime interesting theories about tanking in phono preamps causing ticks and pops.
not to pop the Seatrain bubble, but music zenmaster eric aka bdp24 mentions Seatrain on 9/22... this thread

I am counting on this as my advance physical for memory function...ha....
@boxer12 !!!! Dude Trembling Bells, previously unknown to me !!!! How wonderful, love this thread for guided docent discoveries 
Hoping my local audio crack dealer ordered the Dire MFSL in decent quantities..... a call is in order
Somewhat in arrears...

Willie Nelson - Stardust, immaculate Japanese pressing
Fleetwood Mac - S/T, so so quality
Greg Allman - Laid Back - Analogue Productions 
Rickie Lee Jones - It’s Like This - AP 45 rpm, superb !!!!
@reubent catch the movie also, it has a fantastic duet version of Stones with Patti ... really wish that was on the album as I am sure do they...
  • @uber it was me, Brother in law has a loaner III coming from Garth at Musical Surroundings, he has the Linear Power Supply also with a II now. I will evaluate when he gets it. Stay tuned!
Anybody got the new and final Leonard Cohen ???  Man that one is going to hurt
@slaw - yes I did ! Cold it absolutely sucks, let it warm up for day, then left it on thereafter. I did isolate the el cheapo wallwart power supply to a different circuit. Small size, front mounted controls w lights for various loading settings are effective and handy. Compared to NOVA II on battery with Lyra Delos, they are close. I would give the better more defined , tonality in bass and treble and air to the NOVA, better liquidity in midrange to Chord. The Chord does better at larger 2D image but gives up some depth to NOVA.
i will continue my search... but in the under $1.5 k range SS certainly a contender 
Blicher Hemmer Gadd - S/T the 33 not the rare Brinkmann sponsored 45 rpm version, but excellent none the less...,
No worries, I am a North Korean robot , so anytime I am confused with a real audiophile is a serious compliment 
Impossible to piss me off, I am the Karma Chameleon.... I can be any Taiwanese Bot y’all need me to me...,

Dudes.... how do you even know about Khruangbin ????? Omg love this thread and Tidal - streaming The Universe Smiles On You now.....
As a sometimes ( always lousy ) bass player, I always thought Jaco was a God - so I was wondering what happened to him ? Man, not a good story but seemingly appropriate to our crazy times.... so very sad
On it @slaw !!! Thanks but a true NC based N Korean bot woulda recommended Pork Belly Kim Chi 
I would slightly compare Federal to The National but with more strings, orchestral bits... @slaw it’s growing on me but ... slowly
Alas, the ancient Labrador is overdue for a bath and the War Dept. has ordained only good smells as we are hosting Thanksgiving.... listening will be light today...
I did have a really hot GF who loved Spyro Grya and Doobies w Michael McDonald.... I adapted as needed.... ha

@slaw - war dept is hiding in car with seat heat and Labrador ( sulking ) and I are streaming Tidal with a self medicating libation