Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

Rickie Lee Jones - it’s like this - 45 rpm Analouge Productions APP 51056

super stellar in all respects
@slaw yes on your recommendation I believe I got the two disc three sides TP although not at anything near your discount.... man does this album
rock
@noromance ... well in a long life as a vinyl junkie, perhaps the saying should be: Let he who has never trashed a cartridge cast the first cantilever....
@slaw I am out on the lamb today, got Tony Joe White - Bad Mouthin’ cranked up...

45 RPM lovely Sonics, white Vinyl... ya man

Yep Roc Records YEP 2593

Jean-Luc Ponty - Cosmic Messenger- another $1 bin diving find which I have not heard in probably thirty years. This was a staple during my time selling high end gear. The big ADS and Infinity could really shine with this disc.... fun

Atlantic SD 19189
Robert Hunter - Tiger Rose

a rescue disc from Goodwill in VG- disc, rough but serviceable cover, while I am no true Deadhead, I have a decent collection of stuff.... having said that, tried to connect with this and it’s a miss for me

free to a good home ! Contributor to this thread
Emmylou Harris & Rodney Crowell - The Traveling Kind

( was fortunate to catch them at Benaroya hall a few years ago, would love to reprise that )

@slaw California condo is analog, the Seattle house is server digital and would support a larger LP collection, Bass akwards! 
But I have decided to keep them split that way and sell the SOTA table which was going to anchor the Seattle system, simplicity needs to rule the day somewhere.... 
I caved... streaming Budgie - Squawk ( 2013 remaster ) via Tidal... to hear all the fuss.... hmmmmm

more wine...

good fun tho
Etta James - At Last ( Reissue on WaxTime # 771824 ) missing the tube magic IMO
@slaw i have a sneaking suspicion your LP collection would consume our condo!!!

spinning Little Village- ST 

this should have been bigger... oh well
Ry Cooder - Borderline ( recorded on the “ 3M digital system ) lacking low end wallop but from 800 hz ish and up its detailed....
Eric Clapton- Live in SanDiego with special guest JJ Cale... 3 LP set ... enjoying it in the streaming perpetual San Diego sunshine!!!!
@slaw I would agree that Emmylou/ Rodney is not a reference but highly enjoyable 
what say this Octoberfestive body on the definitive version of 461 Ocean Blvd ?????
My posting lags the listening and often coincides with a visit to the Loo, wine rack or walking the dog... sometimes I let the ancient Labrador vote on the next LP...
yes the RH album was engineered by Betty Cantor, she had skills and ears for sure...as an aside, things didn’t end all that well for her...tough business...
Nils Lofgren - Cry Tough ( SP 3145 repress) $1 bin scrounger special in NM-
keeper as Reuben would say...
Y’all playing some diverse sets this eve

i had lounge lizards tunes at family dinner out...

big Greg - great to hear new table singing, the Nova imo is a truth teller, the Chinook excellent imparts it’s own magic and color, either is good and as you say gain matters...
I have to also admit that I often just stream a sampling of what you guys spin, in order to learn and force myself into new grooves....

dig

Diane Schuur - The Count Basie Orchestra - GR 1039

from 1987 digital master that at least with modern DAC and current filters sounds suprisingly good..Nice $1 bin scrounging find that appears unplayed...

fun
Cranking up EC - 461 Ocean Blvd, a reissue w good Sonics and B+ pressing quality ( 811 697-1 )
@uber play grade is VG- but interesting, w 80 db peaks , which is way louder than I can normally get away with, the LiL Naim sails thru with no over current as I expected w Treo an easy 6 ohm load, there is however some significant energy below 63 HZ on that track particularly at 25 and 20 hz....maybe 12 db down from the peak which is significant imo.... great disc so far, love Ry
@uberwaltz I scored a minty ( visual Grading ) copy of Jazz  today, will play track two soon although in condo unlikely to hit super high SPL, I have an RTA so will lol at bass energy also.....

double blind with a margarita lab inc.
@big_greg I was about to say the same!!! Pullman size suitcase!!!
the Chinook should ultimately beat the NOVA but very interested to hear where it goes Sonics wise...
@spiritofradio thank you sir, glad you like yours, my devious plan ( expansion) might be one of those on the wall.... hope the nape is a decent match for the Ambrosia Maple veneer on speakers...

Gram Parsons - GP

i don’t get the fuss, will revisit in dark... candle, wine... thinking about Emmylou...

( R1 573841 ) with Staughton tip on but the pressing quality is just OK
@slaw I was streaming it, back ordered via Amazon - argh ( although I am having second thoughts due to high prices and the waste of time Florida glider stoned ???? Song....

somebody with the disc, talk me up !!
Steve - I had similar first pressing thought - went to discogs... $35 plus shipping, ... oh well... maybe...
Spiritofradio OMG I love Ruth, have caught her as part of the Jenny’s now at about 4 good smallish halls w good sound and man.... she and they are the real deal
Spiritofradio I wondered myself, Discogs shows one for The Jenny’s - Fifteen released 2017 Red House Records RHR - LP 305

Discogs has 4 for sale all outside USA, new copies are $22 USD from RedHouse / Compass records store , i have a copy on the way, bad influence you guys are.....

nothing for Ruth or Heather sadly.
John Hiatt - Slow Turning ( 2018 reissue B0027601-01 ) sounds good, pressing quality a B-
@slaw well then you just have to try Jesse - Oh, My Girl 

Devil in the woods records DIW #86, expensive in mint but imo worth it, my fave of hers.
Barsuk also had the double : Like, Love, Lust & The Open halls of the soul recently for something like $10
Uber I am in similar spot after being called  a “ douchebag” this week on an amplifier thread. For our sake here on this singular thread, I really hope you don’t leave....
best to you kind sir

jim
For the Lowell George / Feat fans or I guess they call us “ completists”, I recently learned of a reissue / remaster  of Thanks I’ll Eat it Here” on vinyl by Joe Reagoso at Friday Music.

I have the OP in minty vinyl and greatly enjoy it. I also love and adore Valerie Carter ( 1st 2 solo albums ) and learned the Friday Music remaster includes a bonus cut duet w her and LG of Heartache

wow! While I intend to keep the OP, the remaster is fantastic with the removal of a lot of multi track murk. Fun

FRM-31940

enjoy your music weekend

Jim
More active culling... wondering was I drunk?, was this a gift?, did spouse slip this in to test me ?

bauhaus - The Bella Session - Leaving Records LR150, 45 rpm
James is when I am in trouble..but my Stand Up is a beater VG+ copy, which i plan to cull...some day......
I like James have been really impressed w the S Wilson TULL remasters, consider them worthy ...

16f4 so sorry to hear of the loss, RIP Paul.i hear every record is free up North at very high altitude....may he find the rare and enjoyable there...