Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by relayer101

Neil Young - Tonight's The Night

1975 Reprise Records

Great detailed soundstage. The bass guitar on the title track is exceptional.

Had to play this one again. Great production job with 3D soundstage.

Spooky tooth - Spooky Two

1969 A&M Records 

Radiohead - Hail To The Thief

2003/2016 XL Records 45 RPM Reissue

I picked up the LP recently after having the CD for many years and am glad I did. The LP sounds great and is far more listenable than the CD. I don't always find that to be the case and am sometimes disappointed when the LP doesn't sound very much different than the CD version but that's not the case here. XL did a nice job on this reissue.

@spiritofradio 

I see Emerson and Fripp while quite different taking their music to the outer limits with Greg Lake being the calming force bringing them back down to earth.

King Crimson - Larks’ Tongues in Aspic

1973 Atlantic Records

With John Wetton my second favorite bassist and vocalist in the band.

King Crimson - Court of the Crimson King

1969/2018 Discipline Reissue

ELP - S/T First Album

1971 Cotillion

Difficult to think what path King Crimson would have taken had Greg Lake not left for ELP but I’m glad he did as I enjoy the journey that both bands took.

Humble Pie - Smokin’

1972 A&M 

Spooky Tooth - Spooky Two

1969 A&M

Strawbs - From The Witchwood

1971/1975 A&M Reissue

Music for a hot summer day.

Etta James - Tell Mama

1968/1987 Chess Records Reissue

Janis Joplin - Kozmic Blues

1969/2011 Columbia Legacy Reissue

@mammothguy54 

Thanks for taking the time to compare the two versions of Are You Experienced. It sounds like the UHQR release is well worth the cost. I hope you at least enjoyed the listening session.

In reference to Pictures At An Exhibition I have the MoFi version also and while I enjoy the entire album I could listen to Promenade and The Sage back to back about 10 times without tiring of it. Greg Lake's crown jewel.

Radiohead -  OK Computer

1997/2016 XL Recordings Remaster

I originally had this on CD from the Loudness Wars days. It's shocking how much more listenable the XL LP remasters are compared to the original CD. 

@mammothguy54 

What are your thoughts when comparing the Hendrix Family QRP copy vs the UHQR copy of Are You Experienced?

I have a pretty early original Reprise copy that's probably VG+ and recently purchased the Hendrix Family copy and find the new QRP pressing to be near equally as good as my original copy with all around good bass, mid, and highs. Minimal difference if any. I was tempted to order the UHQR copy but am very satisfied with the new QRP copy.

Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Rust Never Sleeps

1979 Reprise Records

One of my favorite Neil Young albums with two of my favorite songs Thrasher and Powderfinger.

@bslon 

Jane Live At Home is excellent.

I had streamed a few of their more recent live albums that were also good but this one was not available streaming and I've wanted the LP for some time. I scored a great NM early copy on eBay with zero wear or noise so the original owner took very good care of this album for many years. 

The SQ is very good for a live album and the band and music is great. I'm a big fan of progressive rock and they are not quite like any other band that I am familiar with. 

I think I saw you post this album a number of months ago that initially got my interest. Much appreciated.

CSN&Y - 4 Way Street

1971 Atlantic Records

Great album to wind down to before dinner.

@reubent

in reference to Tarkus I think the album comes together well as the whole package without having a standout song like a number of their other albums but think Emerson really shines on Tarkus. The drumming comes through excellent also. I’m a fan of all of their albums up until Works that I have mixed feelings about. My favorite being Pictures at an Exhibition.

I saw them live at a great stadium show during the mid 70’s also. They were one of the best in their time.

Free - Heartbreaker

1972 Island Records - W. Germany

Nice European pressing.

Badass before Bad Company

Moby Grape - S/T

1967/ Late 80's Columbia Repress

A few of the songs are a bit bright on the highs but most of the songs sound pretty good other than those exceptions. 

Roger Waters - The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking

1984 Columbia

Great three dimensional soundstage.

Roger Waters made the right choice bringing in Clapton for this one. Excellent!

Beatles - Sgt Pepper

1967/2017 Parlophone Capitol - Giles Martin Stereo Remix

Giles did a great job on the remix. Much better than the original stereo version.

A+ on the SQ and remix.

Arrived this week.

Graham Nash : Live. Songs For Beginners/ Wild Tales

2022 Proper Records

Really impressed with this release. SQ is great, the band is great and the pressings are dead quiet when they are supposed to be quiet.

I have early pressings of both studio albums and the live versions are close to the originals but with a fresh new sound.

Jethro Tull - A Passion Play

1973 Chrysalis 

Early pressing with really good SQ.

I enjoyed it so much I had to listen to it twice.

@slaw 

Kevin Gray mastered some of the early Byrds mono reissues for Sundazed and they are excellent. The copies I have were also pressed at QRP. Really good.

I don't have too many Sundazed releases and I've seen mixed reviews on them but I've had good luck with everything I have from them. 

Ten Years After - S/T

1967/2017 Sundazed/Deram Mono Reissue

Sundazed with Cohearent Audio and RTI did a great job on this reissue. Great SQ and separation of the instruments.

Grand Funk - S/T

1969 Capitol

Great SQ with nice bass but has unfortunately seen better days.

Wish someone like Analog Productions would release a reissue on this one.

Beck, Bogert & Appice - S/T

1973 Epic/CBS Japan

Hadn't played this one in a while.

Great SQ and a great album.

@bslon 

Followed your lead on his one.

Delivered today. NM find from an unlikely seller on eBay.

Jane - Jane Live at Home

1976 Brain/Metronome Records Germany

What else but The Beach Boys now.

Wild Honey

1967/1980 Capitol mono reissue

Not the best SQ but a very enjoyable album.

@bdp24 

Your memory of  your first experience listening to Smiley Smile is worthy of being added to the liner notes on the next reissue of the album .They could do no better.

While I never purchased a copy of the Smile Sessions I have listened to it a number of times streaming.Quite remarkable. 

I did purchase Brian Wilson Presents Smile when it was initially released that I have always enjoyed but I would always go back to my original copy of Smiley Smile afterwards.

Thanks for your memory and thoughts on the album. I thoroughly enjoyed your post.

@bdp24 

I have an early Mono pressing of Smiley Smile on Brother Records also and always thought it sounded good and was in decent shape but had been eager to find a new copy from a good remastering company for the past couple years.

QRP finally had another production run last year and I picked up the 33 RPM Mono version from Analog Productions and think it sounds great. Very satisfying. 

King Crimson - In The Court of The Crimson King

1969/2018 Discipline Reissue on 200g. Great SQ.

Great Final Four games tonight.

@mammothguy54

I’m right there with you on the monthly album budget. Going through my long list of wants to determine the handful that will make the month.

While the MSFL 33 RPM Eldorado is by no means cheap it’s a heck of a lot less expensive than the MSFL One-Step releases that I can't justify. Especially when I look at some of my original records still in shrink with a $3.99 sticker.

@bkeske 

I waited a long time to replace my original copy of Eldorado and to my ears and on my system can't say enough about the new MFSL pressing.

I also prefer 33 RPM pressings so was happy to see they released it on 33 prior to their 45 RPM release.

I'm hoping they release Face The Music next but there is no word yet. I also searched Discogs for this one but no luck yet.

ELO - Eldorado 

2022 MFSL 33-1/3 RPM pressing.

Can't get enough of this one. Or should I say "Can't get it out of my head".

Jimi Hendrix Experience - Axis: Bold As Love

1967 Reprise Records

My original copy with just a bit of background noise in a few spots but absolutely great SQ. Thinking of picking up the remaster from QRP but concerned  it won't match the great sound of my original copy.