Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

Gordon Lightfoot "Sundown"

MFSL/1974/before digital

Nothing sounds forced or in anyway unnatural. Really a reference lp.

Finishing up, 

Beth Hart "Live at Royal Albert Hall" lp 3 

This title sounds fantastic! Highly recommended!

More arrivals,

Laura Veirs "Found Light"

Dawes "Misadventures of Doomscroller"

Jack White "Entering Heaven Alive"

"Fear of the Dawn"

Pino Palladino/Blake Mills "Notes With Attachments "

Eddie Vedder "Ukulele Songs"

Little Feat "Waiting for Columbus "

Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers "The Big Beat"

Jeff Tweedy "Warm and Warmer"

Diana Krall "Love Scenes"

Just bought tickets to see John Moreland & Caroline Spence together in Sept.!

Jeff Tweedy "Warm & Warmer" 

dBpm/repress 

I ordered this at least one year ago. I had lost all hope 😕

So far, the Tweedy lp is highly enjoyable. The lps are clear vinyl splattered with blue and so far very quiet and flat. The jacket is a high quality gatefold with attached booklet. Great deal if your a fan.

I still need to dig into my Big Joni box Joel. She’s got an upcoming Atlantic years box. I’m really getting behind!

Amanda Shires "Take it Like a Man"

again, had to stick it in the ORB 

I think this is her best solo album yet. I love it!

2022/Rounder

Man, these guys just fell off my radar. I bought their first lp when it came out and now, 10 years? later, they’ve really developed as a band now based on a recent show on the Circle network of Dawes performing. I’m thinking I’ve been missing out on some great music.

Well guys, I'm confident in saying the Audia Flight phono stage is superior in every way to my Trio. Used high end products are an excellent value 

You’re stuck with me Brian, I’ll be here making up time for today’s event.

Recent arrivals, 

Calexico "Carried to Dust" sealed 

The Small Faces "Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake" 

1985/A Compleat Collection 

Warming up with a second listen to....

@sbank ,

I’m hearing what you were talking about, wishing for more piano attack!! Again on the hand-clapping on "Church" .

I’m overall, still happy if I can get one quiet copy out of two. The first track on side two.... the piano intro sounds nice and appropriate though.

I believe I’d give it more than 8.5 on sonics just because the music is so great!! You’re more likely hearing through unbiased ears than I. Then again, this may be how it was intended?

I am rethinking my cleaning regimen.

Hey Brian,

Never understood why Deutsche Grammophon chose to put their advertisement over so much real estate on their lp jackets???

The Jack White album, on first listen is my top pick so far this year. It's brilliant! Only one thing ...the SQ is 7 to 7.5. The music more than makes up for it. I think Jack needs to get Dan Auerbach to produce his next record 

Jack White "Fear of the Dawn"

2022/Third Man Records 

Can already tell the Sonics on this lp aren't the best. What a shame, great music though 

Lyle Lovett "Joshua Judges Ruth" 

my replacement copy, already see a teeny scratch....

Betty LaVette "1972 Muscle Shoals Sessions"

2018/Atco/ROG 

One nice sounding album!!!

Hey Tim,  

I remember buying that lp because of it being reviewed highly in Stereophile, most likely, years ago. I don't remember the sonics on my copy being memorable last time I heard it, but that was years ago.

Jack is such an interesting artist. IMO, "EHA" is more dynamic and open than "FOTD". These are impressions from just one listen. They are both great albums from a content perspective. I'd give "EHA" a solid 9.

Puttin' on Jack White "Fear of the Dawn" again after implementing some of my newest cleaning regimen.