For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

Well Steve, even the Robots have need of a Prophet….

i am an equalized robot in a tone control world

James ;-) I think Honey Hush as loud volumes will suffice !

on a more serious note, and I posted on this and in one of my system photos is a RTA shot of scaling acoustic bass - tons of harmonics ( and low and behold w upper harmonics.... stereo and ambient information ) lots of energy left at 250 HZ....

yes the fundamental might be mono, but...,,
James - my singing voice is right on par with my skill as a bassist- everything I do sounds letter in the shower and the elevator...
OK I got the RM-9 back with the low noise 6922, Super low Noise front end 6922 and EL 34 all matched by RAM and properly biased out .... and HOLY !!!!!!

Jason Isbell and The 400 Unit - Reunions 

this is a really fine disc :-)

and James I agree, Jason has been taking a similar stand on Twitter a fan said “ you are going to lose Some customers, Jason replied “ but I get to Keep my whole soul”...
I know First World problems, leftover “ girls “

I agree the RM-4 is a bit I rescued for $125 , so we shall see... kicking myself for selling the Benz Ebony H at moment, but then again..... this hobby has it’s momentary lapses of reason...
I take a few days away and @noromance leaves team Jelco for parts unknown ???

on a somewhat related note, my rescue Sumiko FT-3 is headed back to me with new Cardas wire, fixed bearings AND a Carbon Fiber arm wand... it’s a fairly stout arm in aluminum- I am hoping it is now up to a Decca.... we shall see...
@bdp24 aint no way she is going to hear any of that, she just thinks I am crazy...
Steve Tim from @maze_analog here on Audiogon- incredibly reasonable prices, great communication and turnaround.
Only caveat is I have not heard it yet but to be fair Tim will have rescued an arm that has been broken and unused for 12 years ( not by me ).... fun :-)

@noromance girls... plural...

@slaw Tim is in safe and secure Kansas... even Toto made it back!
So the flat black disc analog front end for Poverty Bay is shaping up: SOTA Sapphire, Sumiko / Maze FT-3 Tonearm, Cartridge TBD, IF MC then into a Music Reference RM-4 then into a Single chassis Croft RIAA- RS....MC or MI right into Croft.

The B&O will go into duty in the Vintage system....

you guys are a bad influence...
@noromance well that is one fine looking tonearm !!!!!! Sonic thoughts or 2 soon to know ????
@noromance thanks for the Croft tube recommendation:-)

hoping an album in the pile reveals itself to me as worthy of your collection 
Uber I have two mono systems, what they lack in stereophonic groove they make up in menial task enhancement ! You can find them on my virtual system pages: Kitchen and Bathroom Sonos 
James et al:

power line polarity is not same as absolute signal polarity.

it can be honked up by pier company out thru your panel, etc. my Herron phono preamp also has a AC polarity switch and sounds different in each position - listen and pick the best.Music signal polarity switch is important because some components invert polarity, so driver is going in when should be going out. Only us Vandersteen owners really care.. ha
Reiner / Chicago- Dvorak - New World

into

Marley / Wailers - Babylon by Bus

with a heavy heavy emphasis on the protest songs...
@slaw Allison is ex sister in law and my opinion much more talented than her sister
So with no switches, check to see IF each component inverts , then it’s just math...if you need to get back to absolute by inverting speaker cables. Obviously that fix can be a puta if you have sources that do or don’t invert.
my MX-110Z has an inverted switch and a bunch of other handy features... purist preamps ... oh well, not so much
I have the first Trigger Hippy on the Server, dig them...

I am spinning Tull - Aqualung.... so nice
Charlie Musselwhite- Louisiana Fog ( Cherry Red 5102 )

grades nice, playing great so far...

@bdp24 u got this one ????
Change in weather with June gloom and nudge from brother in law had me checking TT level - not perfect- but it is now :-) imaging is snap tight precise !!!
@spirit I have reunions on the way, been streaming it every day - suits my mood
Craigslist... no photo.. MoFi DSOM, Many D2D, 110 LP asking $200

must have been Karma to pass up at my LRS the other day...

fun

Every dog has it’s day....
Charlie Musselwhite- Times Gettin’ Tougher Than Tough ( Crystal Clear D2D CCS 5005 circa 1978 )

startling in the best moments 
Kottke / Fahey / Lang ( Takhoma 1040 circa 1974 )

@bdp24 do you have this one ?
DSOTM ( MoFi ) have not owned this since 1986....

there was also an OP in the pile , so I can join the pressing comparison club  !!! Both appear mint...
Impressions on side one:

both grade visually quite well , like NM or NM-, the MoFi is massively quieter. I think the OP is Canada issue Harvest SMAS 11163.. much more surface noise than I can tolerate for long...

loads more detail on the MoFi but it seems oddly compressed vs the “ OP “ which is cut hotter with a smile EQ...

Funny but back in the day I would have used the MoFi w the big ADS and the OP to wake up the Kef reference series...

per Reubent, the OP is headed to the cull pile...
Playing sides to grade..

BB King - Indianola Mississippi Seeds

man this LP has jump factor !!!
Uber - I had an opportunity to work in Heath mid career - I looked away....