For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

Back in the land of vinyl with a few discs that have arrived... cleaning will commence with happy hour
@mbennes i consider Nebraska an understated, dark, cold, dripping masterpiece......
Boxer12 man RSD is such a crapshoot 

I have spent an enjoyable evening at the Warfield, so this is a nice memory jogger....
@j_damon I saved disc two for another time but thanks for heads up - I will check that out.

imo oh babe on side B first night is super weak vocal - down 3-6 db but I am a picky B-/:;()$& !!!!!!
Ha! And forgive me IF I told this story before...

sneaking back into dorm at prep school, faculty door open on my floor. New Neil Young album wafting down hall at low volume.. “ my my, hey hey “

I stopped in to give teacher tip of the hat and he invited me in for a listen to the entire album AND a Rye

cool dude..
Lucinda Williams- Better Angels

the Charles Lloyd Forest Flower was VG at best, into the cull pile....

all of my other analog Charles is in Seattle, first world problems... 
Jennifer incoming with ? arrival…

You are quite welcome Brian - enjoy in good health ;-)
Just got back from post office,  shipped out 9 boxes of LP’s.... told the guy behind the counter I run a pawn shop.... he said “ how is that spelled ?”....

A Charlie Brown Christmas - Vince Guaraaldi Trio

i am a robot in Elf costumerry

Yes RIP Peter.

An excellent tradition @bkeske ​​​​@noromance ! we had the  LP growing up, just picked it up with a return to Lou’s Records. Scored last copy of Lucinda Williams - Have Yourself A Rockin’ Little Christmas…. luck ;-)

Steve i am THAT Robot !

I think the color wheel and drunks…may…be problematic 

the aluminum tree does add a certain sparkle to vibes…

Duke Pearson - Merry Ole Soul ( streaming it as Fremer lauding it…. )

I am a 60’s Bluenote loving robot

I just ran thru both Warfield discs and there are significant mix differences- I would call it a wash - disc 1 more acoustic with air and space, harmonics ( and fret noise ) but with a lack of punch and vocals not at best level. disc 2 not as subtle but much better vocal level ( but as is typical of Dead weak in spots), bass articulate and in pocket. Not as much spatial information especially with percussion - much more Pianonin mix may be driving that. The acoustic guitars have much better low end body on disc 2
keeping them both !!!
jim
Tim, in times such as noted, I refer to her as “ the better 7/8’s “.....

Greg - Box of Rain off my 45 rpm MoFi is shockingly awesome…..you scored ! Congrats 

@noromance sending records thru the mail is a buzz !
i had sent the Nilsson two days before you played it, glad it had some value as a second copy !!!
Glad y’all enjoying the care packages - I am just a student grasshopper myself :-)

enjoy
@bdp24  I have been enjoying the Evan Johns you sent me ! I got it ripped to flash memory and play it thru a AQ Jitterbug right into front panel of the Naim. I love it :-) the drummer creates the pocket -  I will get the CD and notes sent to @slaw the next destination....

fun
real men do bake Quiche and listen to Prine and Prince...

@slaw you are indeed a credit to NC.
James - yes! Fairly good stuff in liquid for available in the early going - I left with the impression that nurse asked me “
to make dinner “...
yes the war department is fluent in many an emergency response ...

TT soon
Dylan and Colvin both added to tonight playlists, thanks gents...

Planet Waves

and

Steady on 45 rpm, Steve turned me on to it....
I am getting next tranche sorted... cleaned with lighter fluid, ready to go - as I explained to the war Dept “ how can I ship OUT records IF I am out of boxes ?....
. Long pause..... “ you mean recycle the ones they came IN ? “

Whereby I explained the concept of a ratio .....
Uber - if it’s any consolation, you are the Florida lab rat for USPS ,  I have a stack going to my brother in N Palm....
Greg I have his phono pre and it is very musical, tows the neutrality line tauntly. I have not heard his monoblocks, when are they possibly displacing? I plan to take Tim up on his evaluation offer at some point also ...

Awesome travel trip Joel, what wood did ya get ?

best to you !

@bslon I was blessed to catch the Dregs in a relatively small venue back in the day.. first time I heard a Chapman stick… yum.

i am a simple 50 watt per channel Robot

Joel - the wood selections sound fantastic ;-) We will help distract you thru the waiting period..

BTW i have a Lampizator DAC for many years on loan to older brother, quite a musical DAC and IMO shoulders above the SS gear in the chain. ;-)

Blakely - Missing in Japan ( streaming )… lovely

i am an atonal Jazz Robot

Let me guess Brian - the wait staff are dressed in 6 layers of form obscuring polar fleece, goretex and attitude to match ? Me ? We are trading surf break intel for old vine Zinn recommendations….

The LiL street side place in Oceanside where I am sitting in the sun w coal fired oven Stromboli has Petty Wildflowers cranked up….

Luther Dickinson and Sisters of the Steawberry Moon - Solstice

sublime..  

Amy Helm featured on two songs, but this is 100% stellar
Luther Dickinson and Sisters of the Steawberry Moon - Solstice

sublime..  

Amy Helm featured on two songs, but this is 100% stellar
5 systems in 2 residences and 30 years in August. Apparently as rare as the mythical unicorn hot stamper !!!!

no marital advice other than an old Jazz / Blues standard: “ it’s cheaper to keep her “