For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

Remember seeing people jumping....having to make that decision between jumping or burning.......
Aerosmith "Get A Grip"

I chose this lp because of the song.."Living on the Edge"

Eat the Rich ain't bad either...
Well, can't think of an album, but here's a song.....
Father John Misty "Bored in the USA"
..."Cylinder dreams
passing in stages
lethardrek grins
left to bare
broadway windows
cubicle cages"....

My Morning Jacket "It Still Moves"
Remastered/4 lp version
2 lps of bonus material on now
I hear you @tgilb. Sundazed does and MFSL does some on mono @ 45rpm!

I bought several nice mono titles from Sundazed this year

Don't know if you are aware of or like Nick Waterhouse but all of his albums are recorded in mono.
@bdp24 ,

A friend of mine, who was an interested songwriter/guitarist,. shared the stage with Mary years ago in Georgia.
Will do Jim. Interesting, the inner jacket states, Susan was born the same day Layla was originally released.
My mom has been in the hospital since Monday. Been pulling 24/48 hour shifts. Got the rest of the day and tomorrow off so guess what.........?
My lp input has been slower than usual this week. Here's my only one thus far:
Tedeschi/Trucks Band " Layla revisited (Live at Lockn')"
Sides 1 & 2 ready to go. As always, I hope for the best.
Thanks James and Jim, she has a lot to overcome in order to be able to come home and be somewhat self reliant.
Tedeschi/Trucks Band
(featuring Trey Anastasio)
"Layla revisited, Live @ Lockn'"

Got the first listen under my belt now.

Early on in my music listening/reading, I always noticed that the original "Layla" was panned for inferior SQ. Never had a copy until several years ago, I tried a "1st pressing?" from a reputable dealer on ebay. SQ sucked. A few years later when the latest MFSL was released, I bought it. It was definately a step in the right direction but was far from what I had hoped for. Still I rarely play it for the lack of good SQ.

Enter this new labor of love by some of the best musicians working today. The SQ is outstanding. I'm able to hear all of the great vocalists separately when they are singing together. Several times the main male vocals are eerily similar to Eric's. The lead guitar playing is at least as good. They do jam some but "that's alright with me".

As a bonus, there are two extra songs on side D instead of having a non-music side. Quality vinyl. Big thumbs up!!!
Clem Snide "Forever Just Beyond"
2020/Ramseur Records/ produced by Scott Avett
on my best of list that year