and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

Pacific Gas & Electric "S/T"
after a slow steam and a long trip in the Vibrato
Garbage "No Gods No Masters"
after a flattening.

Sounding much better from the get-go tonight.
Thanks @boxer12. Tim, I think if I hear improvements in the 3/4 week timeframe will be the best test to understand if the cleaning of the fuses/holder contacts was the initial benefit or if it will evolve from there in this application.

Of course you have some experience with the Hi-Fi Tuning compound.
Tom, What happened to the Reference 3As?

We have many great universities here
Sorry Jim, my notes say
What the Flood Leaves Behind
This Too Shall Light
Jim, I was a first adopter of the Walker paste. Didn’t do much for me . I can say that tonight, I've never heard Transit Authority, one of my all time favorite lps, sound so clear and dynamic!
This was from cleaning/treating contacts that aren't in the signal path?
Wow!

Is the other stuff called Stabilant? Available on Amazon.

I have the Amy Helm lp. Need another listen.

@nicks25,

Love your system. The more I read about the Supratek stuff, the more I want!
@spiritofradio,

James, I thought we're suppose to be experiencing a vinyl shortage since the big fire a year ago? I'm not complaining though my wallet may be.
My Labor Day buy from Elusive Disc arrived:

John Denver "Poems, Prayers & Promises"
50th Anniversary

John Mellencamp "The Good Samaritan Tour 2000"

Emmylou Harris and the Nash Ramblers
"Ramble in Music City: The Lost Concert"

John Mayall & Friends "Along For the Ride"
..........................................................................................
The JM was because of Joel's raving about it. I'm sure it will sound great.
.............................................................................................
To aide in cartridge swapping...a pair of the Nasotec tweezers.
@tgilb,

Don't know if you're interested but my friend mentioned that Eldorado is coming out on MFSL 45rpm.
Emmylou Harris & the Nash Ramblers
"Ramble in Music City : The Lost Concert"
.....wonderin' if Long Misty Days was influenced by Jimi's Star Spangled Banner performance at Woodstock?
@j_husker,

"Soular Energy" has been long known as an outstanding recording. I brought it up here several weeks ago, as I took my Pure Analog copy over to a friend's house to tweak his speaker/sub set-up. You need to find a copy.
John Mayall & Friends

1st track has some kind of defect that causes major skipping. Put it on next track, All is fine. Will send it back. SQ is superb, though.

Same issue on side two.  The first track on bother sides are very warped.
Jim,

On side 4 now. This is such a wonderful record full of great musicianship. SQ is great but wish the SS was wider. It’s on Nonesuch, which has had some great records in the last few years. My copy is severely warped on lp 2 but my tired ole Sussurro tracks it like a champ. It’s not heavyweight vinyl, yet is quiet. Given this, Highly Recommended!!
Joel,

Actually never experienced this particular issue before but from experience with my ORB, I know some issues can't be fixed. Will return. 

You were on track as it is such a great record, superbly recorded, involving great musicians.
Joel,

I saw him at a local club on the "Passion" tour. I was about 12' away. Awesome!
Brian,

I totally agree with your sentiment. Many forces within our own country working against all we stand for. I make sure my vote counts.