For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

Uber no self respecting Audiophile has a  no name  recliner.... the question is, does it have an upgraded power cord and fuse ?
There goes the hood...

Wildest Organ in Town ! - Billy Preston

( Capitol SY 4644 )

this is god Friday fun... 
@slaw I saw that :-))) I need to focus and get thru cleaning and play grading the hundred I bought way back when.... and then get some sent to all y’all “ bad influences “...
Steve “ binky “ is a child’s blanket... sometimes carried into young adulthood...
As the parent of an ancient Labrador, anything in the above that could be construed as parenting advice for humans would be like injecting Chlorox - not advisable!!!
@slaw platform hit a snag, Mike the genius at HRS is contemplating what feet and how to attach, loads of torque...

and the RM-9 needs bias pot work, so I am off to Brooks Berdan in Monrovia today 120 miles each way to drop off amp w Tom the master tech there - @bdp24 will be glad to know Tom remember you and I will be buying Tom lunch in your honor! Tom seems to love the mod DL-103.... interesting ...
I need a listening recliner at the condo, I have a butter soft Stickley in Seattle... recliner comes out of different budget than audio.... war Dept does get to vote....
@spirit the Vandy preamp rumored to be in development will have a 20% stereo blend - aimed Directly at Rudy and the otherwise fantastic Blue Note recordings....
i will check it out Chris - thank you !!!!when i get to Seattle, let’s collaborate on getting you a functional stereo....
@slaw Steve thank you, putting it on my Discogs want list...

Seconds Out was a top ten album in my wanderings and rifle thru other’s vinyl at prep school. So I avoided it until hearing it on a pair of EPI in a girls dorm past the witching hour...I was hooked...
Are the kids off “ the payroll “ ? That’s what I always hear .. but then as a believer in aggressive accounting, the Labrador is technically a dependent....

well the various bits Of cull have post it notes On them, war Dept thought it was elaborate grading code said: I know what Uber is, Slaw is a maybe but what the heck is a bdp24....
@bdp24 Tom says hello, he asked me IF I was a drummer. I said NO! I can play 4 notes on bass and only need 75% of that...he laughed..

I left there KNOWING the RM-9 is in great and capable hands.
Steve : The Genesis? I don’t know.... I have zero recollection... then I got away from them. Cool fellow salesman at Audio Store got me back into them and as importantly King Crimson 
The Allman Brothers - At the Fillmore East ( MoFi )

This was also a Top Ten and I can remember the first time I heard it 1978.... mesmerized by Duane....
I so envy you in this respect - I am always one issue deep to keep war Dept happy....
Maybe..... I never owned it  On vinyl before the MoFi but my little brother was a big time ABB fan so his copy might have been.... we all had cassette decks and were busy pirates...
My lil brother also had a killer stereo in that era: Dual table, Shure Type III, HK 40 wpc integrated and 3 way Bozak bookshelf speakers....we had many arguments about who had the better system....
@slaw I think you will like it....

I was singing “ what have done to help “ on the elevator the other day.... neighbor got on and she said.,,,, nothing....

Try as I might, LiL Village might end up in the cull pile...

here is IMO a great song:

Bound for Glory - Neil Young - Old Ways

of course it might just be I drove the trans Canada with a GF in a Camaro....

@slaw the Third Mind is Trippy Hippy :-) dig it ( streaming ) and yes I dig Jesse but want to hear all of this..  
Yes and thank you - I would have missed... I make a lousy Jesse fan boy...
@aj523 welcome !

try RCA Red Seal anything Fritz Reiner- Chicago Shmphony for starters...

bit of thrift stone bin diving rewards:

Parkening - Plays Bach and Romanza ( Angel )

and

Rachmaninoff Concerto No. 2
Van Cliburn / Fritz Reiner
Chicago

RCA Red Seal 1962
Dire Straits- s/t...45 rpm MoFi ( 10775 of ? )

i am a kid again, winter of 78 or early 79...skiing Seven Springs...this was the ONLY thing on the FM radio and we were crazy for it.....

+++ Hot Tuna

James- the Crosby backing is subtle, I was on it full Jason

but as BB says

” only my mama loves me and she could be jiiving too”
BK - I have a sticker on an album w your name on it also :-) disc #2 waiting on a good cleaning

Uber it happens... when I first got the RM-9 I plugged it in with a set of 3m beater Audioquest I use as loaners - hum in both channels... argh... cables returned w busted grounds... but man was I frazzelated for a bit...
@slaw isn’t that guy super reasonable $$$ I am going to send him more work
James - our LRS is open now, I hit it but my mind was not in it... hit the beach after not buying anything 

@uber saw the car collection- impressive:-) you realize there ain’t much road in Friday Harbor? I suggest Orcas. My buddy has a Jeepster we drive up Mount Constitution in.. The views are 360 stunning