For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

The St. Paul lp is highly recommended for the music and performance. IMO, Paul Janeway is the male equivalent of the late/great Sharon Jones.
Joel,

I bought the AP "Carney" pressing when it was first released and it was defective. Sent it back and the replacement was defective. Hope you have better luck.
If the first lp from this John Prine is any indication of the other 3 lps, whew, the best sounding JP I own.... So immediate and present.
Joel,

It's obvious I have dirty power. It'll be up to you to figure it out for yourself.
An example:  I took my EMI meter to my music friend's house last week. His readings were very low at  47mV. He has a transformer in his back yard.  He uses no power conditioning.
For any of you who have been keeping up with my electrical supply quality and how I've been dealing with it....

Today, all of my readings with my EMI meter through my Shunyatas measured over 1900 mV. Wow! We've had several 90 degree plus days. Still, my Puritan read 160 mV. BIG difference. Now that we're into the night hours, the power grid load has decreased, I'm getting more of my regular past readings of around 265 mVs through the Shunyatas.

I ordered another Puritan 156 to replace the Shunyatas.
Getting around to cleaning/listening to some of my recent record show finds....here's another......

Savoy Brown "A Step Further"
1968/Parrot
Bobby Gentry "Fancy"
1967/Capitol

Brought this one back from the dead.

IMO, she could be considered the female equivalent of Tony Joe White in several ways.
Kathleen Edwards "Total Freedom"
Highly Recommended, as are all of her lps!
Regarding the PS "Graceland" anniversary issue.....
I never heard/owned the original.

Mine sounds great!
@flennon,

I purchased Solid Colors recently and sent it back as the seller overstated the condition