Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

Hey Jim,

Hope your foot is healing well.

I know Furman gets very good press. The main designer left to develop the AQ Niagra series.

This Puritan has got to be the cost/performance champion.

More to come......

Just from auditioning my in house components in several different configurations has yielded significant positive results.
The Cradle lp is very interesting. The song to song recordings aren't consistent, but the album is quite enjoyable. Recommended.
James,

Just one thing since leaving the EMI meter in.....my phone charger elevated the reading by 10mV! On my front end dedicated line.

This is just one example of how critical electronics are to overall musical satisfaction.
My EMI meter is very steady at 47mV.
Less than half it was when I first installed the Puritan.
Greg, I meant that I stopped my search for Katy Lied after hearing how bad the MFSL version is. I figured continuing the search would be fruitless.
Chocolate Watch Band "The Inner Mystique"
Sundazed
Psychedelic mAaaanNnnn.....
@spiritofradio,

James, I haven’t tried all combinations yet but there are benefits to be had by experimenting.

I tried my Hydra 8 into the Puritan and no improvement on the meter and SQ suffered. Haven’t tried reversing this yet.

My wallwart power supplies are now in the digital outlets on the Hydra 8, on it’s own outlet. Sounds better plus dropped the mV on my meter by 10. Hence I put the wallwart from my Synergistic FEQ into my Hydra 4 (which is daisy-chained to my V-Ray) on the other dedicated line.

I experimented moving my AddPower pluggins, and they are now on separate outlets instead of parallel. One on each dedicated line. These devices make a big improvement in my system.

When Is first installed the Hydra 8 and V- Ray, the reading on my meter was around 260 mV. When I substituted the Puritan for the Hydra 8, the reading was 112mV. The Puritan feeds my front end only.

Last evening, I was getting readings as low as 54mV. It was the same this morning until businesses started up again. This is proof that listening at night does sound better. Last night, everything was sounding so real, so great!

Everyone's power situation is different. These are my results.
Having the meter isn’t necessary but very nice tool to actually see what one is hearing and more proof to the naysayers.

I'm also using two Akiko Audio Triple AC Enhancers. One on a separate outlet and one into the Hydra 8, all on the dedicated line for the front end.

I actually have most of these for sale but have decided to keep all but the Hydra 6.
Well, all the above wouldn’t have been possible without the Noteworthy Audio ICs.

They don’t have a characteristic sound. They just let the music flow.

I made smart decisions buying my components. Synergy was key.

The Noteworthy Audio ICs, let my components thrive! Isn’t that what cables should do?

Not add to the music..... not contribute to what you thought the components you bought were suppose to bring to your enjoyment?

No, this is what cables should do,...link your well thought out components and let them sing.

I can think of no higher complement.
Doobie Brothers "What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits"

Saw them during this tour.... At Cameron Indoor stadium 
Thanks Eric.  I keep hoping I'll pick up an album with your name as a player on it. Don't know if you were ever recorded? I really enjoyed Chocolate Watch Band album!
Thanks Jim. I get a lot of enjoyment from trying to be diverse these days.

Luna "Penthouse"
Back from the record show. Here's my catch.......

Moby Grape "S/T" pp/with banned cover.
Steve Miller Band "Rock Love"  pp
Canned Heat "Boogie With........" pp
Linkin Park "Reanimation" RSD
Ozark Mountain Daredevils "S/T"  pp
The Outlaws "S/T"  pp
Odetta "At Carnegie Hall"  pp
Ian & Silvia "The Best Of"  pp
George Harrison "Somewhere in England  pp
Linda Ronstadt "Something New"  pp
Bobby Gentry "Fancy"  pp
The Ides of March "Common Bond"  pp/WLP
Savoy Brown "A Step Further"  pp
Glen Campbell "Wichita Lineman"  pp
@flennon,

One thing I like about "open tank" US cleaners is the ability to clean the tank cavity. Over time my Audio Desk grew mold that was very difficult to clean out. Impossible to get all. 

I don't think the Vibrato is being made anymore.
Arrived this week so far:

Alice Cooper "School's Out"  Friday Music
Isaac Hayes "Black Moses"  2016 Craft Recordings
John Lee Hooker "The Country Blues of..."  2019 Craft Recordings
Big Star "#1 Record"  2019 Craft Recordings
Tom Fogerty "Excaliber"  2018 Craft Recordings

RSD:
Tom Petty "Angel Dream"
Elton John "Regimental Sgt. Zippo"
Robert Palmer "Sneakin' Sally Through the Alley"
Stillwater "Demos"
The Who "Face Dances"