For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

Stopped by my combo LRS and 7 rooms of high end audio today for a disc fix... nice stack ....wore my mask....
Grant Green - Nigeria recorded by Rudy Van Gelder in 1962

Blue Note - Joe Harley / Kevin Gray remaster

On retirement places... for me as a water person - preferably salt it is fairly easy. I think a key decision is are you a water, mountain, desert , plains or woods person ? You might consider long term air bnb rentals you figure that out... before ya leap $$$$
Also in the pile - my favorite Ludwig:

Beethoven No. 6 “ Pastorale “ - 
Polish Chamber Philharmonic Orchestra - 
Wojciech Rajski : 

Tacet L 241

will have to try the warhorse stuff cut in reverse :-)

@slaw i could listen to Gillian read a Soviet tractor repair manual in Russian...

What is impression of Two Against Nature ?
yes, Leo might be God. I enjoy his liner notes also.

James I got the Marvels disc on order, every Blue Note Tone Poet release so far has been great ! March 12.... Thanks for heads up !!!!
James - I do like his style of playing, Matador 45 rpm is fantastic, yes Nigeria a yesterday purchase! My place has a nice selection of Tone Poet / Blue Note / MoFi, etc....
On Portland ( which we love like a separated twin ), I always liked Shawn Mullins take.... check out his Song: September in Seattle “...

it will take you for a ride

if ya like it check out the 4 LP Souls Core Revival...
I picked up Thorns on CD for $1 bin diving, lives on bit perfect rip on server...
JD Souther - Black Rose with Stanley Clarke on bass in places...ya man....
@jbmac75 I just ordered Motherland on vinyl:-) the gents here put up with my streaming and server/NAS drive
they are a good lot !!!!
welcome

try Natalie; House Carpenter’s Daughter and Leave Your Sleep. As Steve said there is a lot of admiration for Natalie here
@noromance you have to get yourself there to NOLA sometime....man do i love that place...caught Bryan Lee there at the Old ABsinthe house... there may have been libations...
@Spirit - or which tracks ? That’s a great pro tools trick , dump the bass , etc on a selective basis thru an A2D then fix this and that Back thru a DAC to tape.... bang on !!!
Brian - yes, follow the math and science based approach:-) outlines in the manual. Your distance to back wall should have plenty of low end grunt !!!! Have fun.
Of course, I had to rifle thru a stack of 6 million cassettes to come up with something Pithe...
Eric Clapton- No Reason to Cry

it ain’t gonna be a late nite, cinched the three Outlaws storage units from 3 to 2.... grunt truck.....
Sure I have secrets..
I reveal only..
what my mind..
can admit..
in the depths of loneliness..
because I am a self appointed..
Reining deity...
spoiled..
as they all are..
I thrash in misery..
hoping you...
or anyone..
will answer...
because...
besides me..
Nobody is at home...
so my great hope is...
you leave the.ghost of the future..
to ROT...
alone....
Reminds me of 16 candles: King of the Dipshits...
Tom, i eventually moved on from the Qb into KEF 104 ab kits and then.....
I always regret not keeping them as i put a lot of work into minimum baffle cabinets, etc...aside from the EMIT the Phillips doped mid was pretty good, the DQ-10 used essentially same.

fun

Scott Joplin - The Red Back Book ( Angel 45 rpm SS-45029 )

@noromance Do u have this ? if not, pm me shipping address and it’s on the way.... culling down the recent 100...

Also.... I tend to go to the opening door so obviously I dig into Leonard’s collaborations... romantic and musical so... besides the obvious Jennifer, I recommend: Sharon Robinson and the Webb Sisters...
@noromance now Natalie M in a shared beanbag....

caught her for the anniversary of Tigerlilly at the Warfield in San Francisco- freaking unbelievable:-) wife said I had a crush.. she IS right
Speaking of Wall Street and Tie Die

Jerry Garcia had ( maybe still does ? ) a nice collection of silk ties in wild but tasteful designs - I dunno maybe I have six of them and wore them when I had a big deal to sell... Those ties sold some big iron to dudes that would’ve FREAKED if they saw the label
@slaw and @noromance  thanks for the clarifying question and answer, I always wondered about the two systems...

as Previous owner / builder of a HQD copy system, And ESL-63 today, hoped it rolled that way 2 :-)

On the Dead

i don’t think I heard them till my little brother came home from Prep school for Thanksgiving of his Freshman year with a couple of Dead  ( and more importantly for me Time Loves a Hero ) albums and a Deadhead GF... Not sure which I liked better, but the rest is good history, lots of enjoyable music over the years....

I think it’s not good underestimate the combo of Garcia / Hunter At crafting a good song...

and yes, when they err it is to FLAT but then some people are not pitch sensitive...
I think the stoned side of the mule is killing me...
TGIF as I have put in a lot of hours “ working “ this week...

warming up phono

Lucinda - Good Souls Better Angels
Streaming Blueberry Boat - this is the perfect reason for streaming - sample first :-) .... 
Uber - so far only two mono:

Satchmo Plays King Oliver ( AFLP 1930 circa 1960 there is a stereo version 5930 )

and

European Concert Recordings by Ambassador Satch ( CL 840 circa 1955 )

this disc has a $3.98 de Haan’s HiFi Stores sticker on the cover ! $38.09 today
:-) how fun ! Bummer to know that my humble Garcia tie collection is just another gig on eBay, but glad to hear somebody else appreciates them !!!!
I think in my entire career, I wore a tie 75 times... Dude - you win !!!!!!