and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit - Reunions 

Naim Streamer / DAC ... tasty...
Lamenting the loss of Leonard Cohen @noromance 

i also greatly enjoy his writing...

Leonard Cohen - Ten New Songs ( server )
Late to the Party but...

Jeff Beck w Jan Hammer Group - Live

( Japan pressing, minty and it was < $13.50 on Audiogon )
Finally.... took me a bit..

A Trusting Soul - Record Review - Volume I:

This LP ( Coral CRL 57475 ) should be saved for a darkened room, candles, sound level on medium with a great cocktail in hand. Drag the loveseat and your better half into the “sweet spot”. Make her favorite drink, does she have pearls ?

Recorded over Mardi Gras 1964/1965 it has a hip  but very laid back feel. Bandleader Godfrey Hirsch ( vibes ) with NOLA standards a nod to Brazil, some swing and blues in the mix.

Sonics are excellent with quiet room ambience and separation without hyper sterility so often found in more modern multi-tracking efforts. I came away thinking the Lyra was a bit too analytical for this recording- it is probably better left to something more dynamic like the Decca of @noromance who recommend this fine disc. Enjoyable none the less and a “ keeper”.

I am quoting you Steve, at 59 I have the bladder of a 62 year old !!!!

Emmylou, Linda and Dolly - Trio
For what it’s worth I use 4 stylus cleaner: 1.) Stylast
2.) Audio Technica ( shipped from Japan )
3.) Magic Eraser
4.) Voodoo exorcism
Blue Tak is #5 if I have any leftover after getting the Ferrari in race shape... competent Italian body work is so expensive these days, what with tightened immigration 
Got my live edge walnut slab back from the wood dudes today, HRS spring / isolators are next. Will post a pic in Casa Pacifica system photos...
Terri Garrison - Only Love ( Vandersteen Records 1992 - for lovers of two microphone direct to tape , Tim De Paravicini, Kavi Alexander recordings… )

Lovely mix of blues and spiritual features arrangements and playing of David Lindley

James - yes building an amp stand for the RM-9 Tube amp. Trying to talk war Dept. Into a bunch of live edge stuff sprinkled about the Condo.... this is my not so stealthy introduction....

wish me luck
@bkeske  I used to tag along w audiophile buddy to catch Cleve in the 80’s - attend the pre concert lecture, eat well
- drive back to Columbus in the wee hours. a particular memory is a fantastic Mahler cycle... wow
Terrapin is one of my fave Dead songs, ya I get the controversy..
and the high resolution remaster fixes a lot of grunge in the OP, etc...
I run a 2 micron pre filter on my Diesels and an on engine 2 as well and have a 10 micron German SEPAR filter on the fuel polisher, thinking that Rube Goldberg claptrap would be perfect for US record cleaning....
knowing your bin diving escapades Uber you might find an enzyme prewash on a vac system helpful- I like the Nitty Gritty myself....
@slaw I went down the SE rabbit hole pretty heavy with CD ripped to server - Dig him....
Pay to much attention to the 5% increase in fluidity of the Stratocaster and completely miss how 45 rpm transforms the drums.... this pressing is a beast....
Uber - my Separ comes from a Florida company - Reverso- maybe call them for filter housing and a few filters...
@slaw good to know, unfortunately the Nitty Enzyme does require refrigeration- never mixed it up with the half n half but....
And what is the conclusion on Pixies pressing provenance postulations?

i just do that to annoy ( trigger ) the word salad police...
@slaw I couldn’t resist on the school thing, seriously no hurry.... 

signing off....
Steve - I am headed to Seattle Monday w a least one Magic brick, will email ya buddy.
glad SOTA motor is working out with yet another possibility for upwards sonics !!!! I will ask Donna what level of motor I have, I don’t notice any clogging. For what it’s worth, Basis may have the most precise belt.... on my list to try....
can’t trust any of those Ohio guys...oh well.

RIP Chick, i am playing some of his stuff today also....
Steve I played Corea / Fleck - The Enchantment today off server...

sad.......
@slaw rescued a misfit pressing for me with usonic clean and a run thru the magic flattner !!! Thanks so much Steve!!!

Patty Griffin- 1,000 Kisses

Stolen Car is my song off this disc, I would love to see Patty and Jason Isbell do this...

also Steve very generously included his “ My Mat “...The Patty album is so damaged that I was hesitant to try the mat on this disc, but I did and it’s a winner :-))) more thoughts later but many many thanks Steve !!!
It’s About Blood - ya that’s a song I can get into.... and relate to..... 
I am streaming GOWV...96x24 on Qbuzz

his voice is like 50 miles of bad logging road but for me that is a  plus... good Whisky sipping music and reminds me why I left that LiL bit of heaven...
On tools I have a Geoteacker, an ancient aluminum Denneson and the Mint that came with the Triplaner, but it’s for a Lenco... omg maybe that is TT #4

James what is the software?