Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

Tim,

I have that Lazuras lp but sadly it's defective.

Idiot Prayer is his stripped down songs on piano that showcase his songwriting in an intimate setting.
Got in the Gillian Welch "Boots No. 2"/ 3lp box this week.

Since it's from B-sides, I don't think the way I play it back matters.

Starting with lp 3
Peggy Lee "Black Coffee" Acoustic Sounds
Listening to this album reminds me of Nora Jones.
Brian, I like the way the Trumpet is designed that allows easy access to the tubes.
I consider Gillian/David similar to Rosanne/John except John decidedly plays a smaller role in his wife's output.
Valerie June "The Moon & Stars: Prescriptions for Dreamers".

Been looking forward to this one.....
"Idiot Prayer" is I think, an important work. One that I will recommend. I bought it because James spoke so highly of it.
Blake Mills "Mutable Set" again....
".....money is the one true God...."

My first BM since "Heigh Ho" which is an excellent sounding album. Didn’t realize he has several lps on vinyl now. Maybe not everyone’s cup o tea but very enjoyable as an outlet to other types of music
On my second copy of Andrew Bird "Weather Systems". A lot of hiss/fuzz. Anyone else?
Nice Joel!!!

I put a set of three Stillpoints Ultra SS under each of my two subs last year and was impressed.

Regarding Beth Hart, "Better Than Home" is one of my favorites by her.

@sbank 

I was a little disappointed in the SQ my copy of "Local Hero" Spencer. How about you?

@tomic601 ,

Check out their site.

Got my set for under $100

Ok don’t consider David a hanger-on.!

I feel he knows Gillian is the main part of their relationship and is fine with that. He has his own albums that are Great!

All this time away from music has me thinking more about digital. I really haven’t kept up with that area all these years. Would like to get recommendations from you guys for streaming in my listening room. I don’t have a line stage. I have on order a DAP = Astell & Kerns a&Norma sr25 mainly for listening to files in my car. I did order Grado g1000e headphones for home. Don’t have a dedicated headphone amp. I have around 200 cds/sacds. Here are some of the products I’ve looked at:

Technics s700 cd/sacd player/dac/streamer. Seems like a nice all in one quality solution.

Read with great interest about these products,

Innuos Zen

Holo Spring 3

Denafrips inPontus 2 

Cambridge EVO 150

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Please PM me.

Buffy Saint-Marie "Power in the Blood"

Recently discovered her.... Very impressed!

Arrived today,

Marianne Faithful "Broken English" 

2013 remastered. Sounded awesome streaming.

👍 James
I imagine this title was never audiophile quality but sure does boogie!