For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

Installed two ADD/POWR eau2 today, one on each dedicated line. Playing "Middle Cyclone", an lp I'm very familiar with, there seems to be an ease to the overall presentation, kind of an additional dimension to the soundstage and lower piano registers are more clear and defined. More listening needed.

More records arrived,

Lucinda Williams "Tribute to The Rolling Stones" 

Dave Mason "Alone Together, Again" 

The Blasters "Live 1986"

James,.

He was a good man, great boss.

I chose those descriptives carefully.
Kapt. Kopter and the (Fabulous) Twirly Birds  1972/2017 Epic/ Kevin Grey/QRP 
Thanks Jim, it is with a heavy heart though. My boss passed away unexpectedly at work a couple weeks ago. Tried listening yesterday but all music brought up my remembrance of him. Had to call it a night.
Thanks Brian.

"TMSB" rings a bell for me. Will have to look him up to find out why.

Yep, 80's radio rock
Mike Flanigin "West Texas Blues"

Been looking forward to this one for months......
Don’t know about you Brian, but mostly when I make a significant upgrade, I find reviewing my sub settings is necessary. Of course my room is small so any change is noticed easily.
@mammouthguy54,

I'm having an issue with the Brandi Carlile lp I played yesterday. I bought it new years ago and it has an in and out swoosh sound when played. In my experience this happens because of noisy vinyl not a pressing issue. Usually, this issue can't be repaired. I put it through a slow steam and a long US clean, so we'll see if that helps.
BTW, another positive the ADD/POWR plug-ins are providing is clearer, more taut, punchier bass.
Joel,

Using a handheld steamer found fairly inexpensively on Amazon with some cleaning fluid.

When all considerations are taken, IMO, steaming a record is THE most effective way to clean a vinyl record. The problem is it's more time consuming, and it requires a small learning curve. With logic as a guide, the learning curve is small.

I'm on my third US cleaner.....Audio Desk, Chinese DIY, now the Vibrato.
I find I still benefit from steaming on certain ticky records. ( now this may not be the case with your 120 khz  Degritter?) I started with the Mapleshade steamer over 10 years ago and have run through 4 or 5 since. 

I use Audio Intelligent "Down With Dirty" concentrate dilluted with distilled water to spread over the record, then steam off.

I can go through my process and guide you towards a steamer if you're interested further on a PM.

I've got my VTA right now after adding another MyMat. I do this by experience and listening now that I've don't it so much..
I hope all of you own "Okonokos". Such a Great live set.

Recently ordered "At Dawn" 20th Anniversary
Brian,

" Don't we fuss with stuff just because" 

Regarding sub settings/placement, I don't mess with them until I feel there's a need.

Now with accessories, there's a wanting to see if an improvement can be had. For me, if I have a strong feeling that I'm missing something, I think it's more than "just because">😅
Actually, I found her by accident, by watching some Stereophile videos with the Asian girl, their videographer. She mentioned "SP". Then I did my search.
So the SRV "CSTW" MFSL UD1S sounds fantastic!!! The problem with my copy is 80% visual & 20% audible. There are 1/4" fine surface scratches all over each side. In addition, there are many scuff marks. This translates to an unquiet pressing. In addition, side 4 was extremely dished.

Gonna put on my Pure Pleasure "Texas Flood now to compare at the same volume. Why "TF"? Because I passed on that UD1S release because at the time, my copy was one of THE best sounding rock albums I owned.

Listened to lp 1 of "TF". By comparison, it is less dynamic and muffled.

My job is done.
@spiritofradio, @boxer12,

I mentioned this one last year...such a great record...

Sophia Pfister "Birdcage"

Available only through her website
James,

I wrote something similar recently about the "Maude" theme song, sung by Donny Hathaway.
I think he sung another as well.
Thanks Tim, I think yesterday was my time for grieving.

Today is a time for living again.
I finally found "my best" Future Games in the re-mastered box from last year.
Sounds tasty James!

Sorry Jim, I hope we didn’t run you off bro. This is my "back to work" party night.