Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

Cranking it up...
no TT here, so forgive me

Black Crowe’s - Shake your Moneymaker 

warming up amps and levitating cones on the subs that have been dormant almost 3 months..... ya man.....
Free - Fire and Water

man, I can hear the cones buzzing in that Ampeg 8x10 bass cabinet.....
@slaw fixit disc headed your way :-) includes bonus and return freight and salvage
James !!! I have been pondering a subscription to that label because I think everything the do is. High quality digital:-) Fremer likes it, if that counts. Thanks, will order that disc next time I am up North - )
@middlemass same same... I feel the same way about Lowell George, and more.....

as Neil sang... “ the needle and the damage done “
@bdp24 always a pleasure when you post, I was thinking of you today as I worked in the garage listening to tapes on the NAK :-) mighty fine....

and thanks for the clarification on the sub thread
You guys altered my path....

I was all set to launch J Cash after a 90 minute Webex...

now...

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

Server
@slaw check out Lucinda song Dust a reworking- brilliant imo and rumination on death of her poet after...

its on the Charles Lloyd LP, which I adore...
Steve the new Jason Isbell and 400 Unit - Reunions is out today, streaming it on Qbuzz 

North Country is good @slaw replaced the mailbox the FedEx dude mutilated, thought about welding up a couple of tank traps, then just had another drink... ha

moved the system forward in a new way by reconfigure of isolators I had, took preamp off Ayre blocks and put HRS Nimbus under... holy ! Had to grub up some isolators from vintage system to go under server but it’s a big positive change.
added a streamer ( nothing fancy )
but bypassing the DAC so results are super ( Isbell playing now )
and after much, much, back and forth I unpacked the SOTA Sapphire and will get it running... more on that later...

thanks for asking
@slaw it’s funny how music often for me leads to poetry - I had no idea About Miller Williams until I read the Dust inspiration in the Charles Lloyd liner notes ( did I mention, I love liner notes AND ROON, both !!!
and of course Leonard Cohens poetry - I could go on....
Kottke- 6 and 12 String... visual is NM-, play grade on the not drinking before noon scale is a VG to VG+
This record changed my view of acoustic guitar way back around 1977...
@Big_greg ya man following your lead with Countdown.... iMO anything The Dan did was a masterwork:-)
Lots of great sets people !!!
a rental Lambo - now that’s really living !!! Welcome to Hotel California:-) stop by if this thing clears up 
@slaw how cool is that ? I lucked into an extra copy of something you needed!!! I may go buy a lottery ticket.... somewhere in the box is return postage!!!
@boxer12 the previously mentioned “ outlaws , now outlaw “ live in Escondido- makes me think of JJ and EC :-)...
First law of Vinyldynamics: Turntables are neither created or destroyed....

try as I might, I am back to three... 
@slaw on literal lyrics - you could write for Zappa !

in high school we would point a speaker out the window so we could have music in the backyard- my Dad came home to Zappa repeating over and over “ you’re an A hole...... “

needless to say, Zappa was banned....
Haydn: “Clock” symphony and No.95 - Fritz Reiner and Chicago

RCA Red Seal - Dynagroove 1964
Dvorak- New World Symphony - Fritz Reiner - Chicago

1958 Red Seal LSC 2214

$1 Goodwill dumpster diving NM -
James I had heard about the cartridges but didn’t realize they tweaked the table as well - big fun
Uber - I have a feeling this will become a gift table as well immaculate Beogram TX with MMC4 low hours, gramps bought a CD player.... Gr8 dude, ....

Soundsmith makes carts for it, weighs 22#, full auto fun....
Anybody with an extra Grace F9 body lying about gathering dust and creating shadows.... ?
@zardozmike what an interesting and diverse set :-)

I love this thread...

back in the land of surf , Lucinda W - West has arrived
@uber yes I checked and I am looking to do Just body w Soundsmith Ruby, gotta be frugal