Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

Joel,

By my knowledge, only the UK "Then Play On" included Oh Well. You have a treasure. I own US version, doesn’t have it

Oh and BTW, on my box set copy, Oh Well is in two parts which I never knew.

Oh well....
Maggie Bell "Queen of the Night" 1974/Atlantic/DJ promo/looks mint/freshly US cleaned
Karen had one of the best voices ever. Her brother was/is a musical genius.
My "Cafe Blue" Impex / One Step 45rpm arrived today. Hurray! Pre-ordered it in March 2020. This one comes in a slipcase instead of a box. I like the slipcase better. Off to the Vibrato.......

I have a couple of Basie's lps on Pablo, Spencer. They are close to D2D SQ.

Brian,

Isn't the Duelund wire suppose to be the same or similar to the Western Electric?

Glad your having great results.
All the talk about Joni has me pulling out "Blue". Mine is a re-issue purchased over 20 years ago. No inner sleeve. Bar code. Reprise MS-2038 on the spine.

Sounding lovely. Joni's voice is clear and extended.
@tomic601 ,

I’ve decided that "Man in Motion" has a muddy midrange and soft bass.

"Bullet For You" is eerily similar to "Midnight Hour". A law suit?
The above mentioned C,S,N &Y lp is superior to any version out there. Wanna bet?
Jim,

Consider there’s no bass guitar, no drums.......I guess no low end.

An acoustic evening of great proportions.
"....this is a really long song
and we’re gonna do it real slow..."           Neil Young

Southern Man
Up now, "Cafe Blue" Impex/One Step/ 45rpm

I’m hoping to be like the guy in the Maxell tape picture!

BTW, I own the 33 & 45rpm on MFSL.

....."inch worm, inch worm
measuring the Marigolds"....
@bkeske,

Pour Down Like Silver is my favorite RT lp. I have the Hannibal pressing.
@mammothguy54,

Thanks buddy. The SQ is really nice, so in this aspect, I can’t complain.
Super Mini Review of Patricia Barber "Cafe Blue" Impex/I Step

For starters, I pre-ordered my copy in March of 2020. You'd think I would have a low numbered pressing. Mine is 2104 out of 5000. 

Impex, in my experience, offers some of THE best pressings available now. So when this popped up, I pounced. My copy of Willie Nelson "Redheaded Stranger" sounds remarkable!

I don't feel a need to go through every track. I've never heard a master tape but this lp sounds like what I perceive a master tape sounding like. It's perfect! Not one area of concern.

This has always been my favorite PB record. In part because her voice is truly an instrument. Notably on "Too Rich For My Blood". Her styling on "A Taste of Honey" is remarkable. THE best version I know of. "Ode to Billy Joe"...the finger snaps are pleasantly perfect!

If any of you have been on the fence about purchasing these one step offerings, I urge you to get this one. It's Fantastic!!!
Hey Brian,

Just out of curiosity, is your Island pressing a pink rim?

Upon closer inspection, my Island pressing is a black label US. No wonder, the Hannibal sounded better?
Steve Earle "Townes"

This record has surprisingly low bass info. Don't remember it from before. Must be the Noteworthy Audio IC.
Should have mentioned...the lps aren't in a high quality ant-static sleeve.