Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

@big_greg,

I guess I misread your recent post regarding Steely Dan "Gaucho"?
Tom, your thinking about modifying your Infinity speakers dude. You just mentioned them.
@6t5-gto,

It’s a great record. I just listened to one side last night. Highly recommended!
BTW @6t5-gto,

Almost through the extra lp, sounds great! Could’ve easily been another hit record IMO.

I have that CC lp.
Mr. Mailman just brought me....

Loudon Wainwright III "Older Than My Old Man Now" 2012/Diverse

Diverse was once one of my favorite record labels. Hoping .....
By box set pricing standards, even w/ 15% off, this one is a little high for 6 records. But, The Police are such a transformative band that changed the landscape of rock. They have not since been copied and probably never will.
@6t5-gto,

Mine is "Every Move You Make/The Studio Recordings" 2018/1/2 speed re-mastered @ Abbey Road.

I already owned all but the 1st lp and multiple copies of others’ USA pressings, most are either barcoded or record club pressings.

Given that and IMO, I hear these records presented in a more analog sounding and consistent way than ever before. To some, the difference may not be as noticeable or worth it. Another plus for me is having them specially re-mastered, all together in the box that I’ll know will never be done better in my life time.

Retail is $199.00. I waited for a 15% off deal.
@bdp24 ,

I was enthusiastic reading that you had such a big order of record sleeves and such earlier. 
@boxer12,

After taking care of my parents for over a decade, I'm  very familiar with medical terms.
"Carry Fire" LP1 side 1

Having completely cleaned this outing, I’m enjoying so much more.

I know the interconnects from Noteworthy Audio are playing a major part in my new found love for this album, and frankly everything going forward 
Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit "Live @ The Twist & Shout"

@bdp24,

There’s a song on this lp titled "Danko/Manuel".

FWIW, a cool version of "Into the Mystic"
Listening to "Carry Fire" after a complete US cleaning and with full clarity. Starting with side C. So much for full clarity?
Robert Plant/Jimmy Page "No Quarter" or "Unleaded" op

Don’t buy the 20th Anniversary, SQ sucks.

Haven’t thought of the band Argent in years. Until a recent thread revived my consensness.

The Argent Anthology
Sounding great!
I'd like to send my Super Platter /bearing in for refurbishing, but having been a VPI  nonconformist, I have concerns.

Lucinda Williams "Ramblin' On My Mind"

2020/Smithsonian/Folkways Recording

2nd pressing, mine arrived with some tiny surface scratches on two tracks. here's hoping? 

Deep cleaned the Caroline Spence lp.

Sounds much quieter but not quiet enough to avoid returning.