For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

@bob540 Steve aka @ slaw has a cosmic record flattener and will have sage advice
Macy Gray - Stripped

the distantly recorded but brilliant horns are a wonder - so beautiful:-)...
@bdp I followed your posting to watch and be completely humbled by Lelands bass videos... the fluid ease....

i ran with some cats in high school , one of which played a Fender Jazz - we loved Heavy Weather in a Springsteen town.... we were viewed as highly suspicious- and deserved it !!!!
The athletic vs artistic could apply in relative scale and visual impact to many many instruments and especially conducting... it might be my inherent laziness, but I prefer fewer notes played soulfully  to blazing staccato runs that after a bit all sound the same ( to me anyway ) I think Peart was an exception because of scope and subjects of the songs and the diversity of his kit - themselves...my $.03
Uber r ya having a MFSL blowout sale soon ?

asking for a friend, close relative, alter ego, dependent on my tax return....
James:
yes Eric is across the big river from you and I believe Big Greg is close also.

Funny I ordered a minty copy of Stormwatch when I was on a Tull binge and haven’t touched it but twice.... almost tossed it in the Reubent “ ruthless cull bin “ !!!!
Ya man, when this is past, we need to do a Portlandia Pub and Music crawl....
The Uber Florida Flattner- Because it’s freakin hot in “
God’s Waiting Room “....
Traffic - John B Must Die
Talking Heads - Fear of Music
Patty G - American Kid

Buffalo Springfield- S/T ( German Pressing has a soft silky midrange... nice ) 
Joel - right on man ;-) enjoy the ride

Trigger Hippy - s/t

the Joan thing…….
@slaw good to hear some revenue coming in... 

I was about to brag about warps and #%<>€€€€ !!!!!! If the Patty Griffin that arrived today is a freakin ski jumping nightmare !   Bummer
Uber keep me in the loop on Friday Harbour- my BC fishing season is dying on vine, but if I am up there, I am a scant 20 minutes South of Airport on you inbound leg....
@slaw and @reubent  oMG my culling comment was general, I had no idea or memory that Stormwatch was even under consideration.... I think for me it has it’s moments but is not the incredibly tight and intricate works like Songs from the Wood and Heavy Horses... I will keep it for now....
Playgrading the DSOTM MoFi for Listing, I decided I could live with the “ beater “ OP

Stones - Some Girls ( promo gold stamped.... sounds luscious, deeply layered... oh so nice... )
@slaw Steve it’s 1,000 kisses, which was probably the CD I first heard Patty on - so my disappointment is palpable- absolutely take you up on flattening and I get shipping both ways !!!!! :-) love it. I will be sure to throw a disc or two in there, gotta channel my inner Reubent 
Joanne Shaw Taylor - White Sugar playing it loud while War Dept. is at Costco
Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros - Assembly ( inspired by Dar W cover )…..
Kottke /  Gordon - Noon

Thx for spotlighting this Brian. it is quite enjoyable.
@bgross I sold a lot of ADS gear back in the day - wish they were still around - L780 = great

I probably told this story but we displayed/stocked the massive ADS2030 and probably sold four or five pair - maybe more.... massive speaker for its time - still today. One night, slow night we had enough Hafler gear laying around to Tri-amp them: Peter Gabriel 4 was just out - yowsa did it sound great with DH500 on the bottom end...

fun but they need a big room
Patty Griffin- Servant of Love

heavy diet of Patty, Julie Miller lately....
Streaming HiRez The Pineapple Thief on Qobuz.... very nice.... suits my dark moody sulk....
I have my positive attributes, for example I drink too much and I like fast cars....
I had a coach and mentor at Boeing, a retired NASA guy, like one of the first couple hundred guys at NAcA then NASA - a sharp dude five or six basic rocket patents - by basic I mean like foundation stuff that got us to orbit, then the moon, then home ( alive )... he always remarked about my career “ Jim you got a lucky horseshoe up your ass, eventually you will get there !”

on thinking about it, I always preferred “ blessed “... ha

@slaw 
@slaw yes I do feel blessed beyond measure and each day I ask that I give back in measure to what I have been given and many many days I fall far short...
Most importantly he was my whiskey drinking, fly fishing , science nerd buddy who I miss dearly RIP Tony

Mayall tickets went on sale today for my fave watering hole Belly Up, Solana Beach… gotta get my Blues groove on…

Allman Brothers - Brothers and Sisters ( RIP from MoFi SACD )…. yowsa..

I am a Pirate robot..born 200 years too late…

Eric - so great for the update , cabin time with tunes - sounds great :-)))) so glad you are well ! Lot’s of toys and new music to get ya they into new year !!!! Best to you from me and a few here who asked about you, notably Steve.
merry Christmas 
Mammoth- you can put albums on wishlist in discogs, but it flogs your inbox 
Almost got kicked out of the dorm day Zenyatta came out Steve, had the Infinity Qb rocking and certainly did not inhale !!!!

love that album