Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

Awesome Jim!

Just think, those of you who have other means, can benefit from their entire catalog.
Ya'll, I don't view YouTube much but have been enjoying some of the people who review records.

Check out Melinda Murphy's channel. Her husband is one lucky guy!!!
Thanks @mammothguy54,

I''ve got another (improvement) for you when I get the nod!!
Ronnie Montrose "The Speed of Sound"

Wow!! He never got his due.

He was instrumental in several great records.

The Edgar Winter Group
Van Morrison
Our friend and fellow member @boxer12 asked me to listen to some interconnects he has developed. As you all may remember I had just purchased some ICs earlier this year. These were meant to be a great value/low cost purchase for me as I didn’t want to go down that rabbit hole. I was content and willing to stay content. This offer to me was a blessing in that I could evaluate some ICs that seemingly have a lot of interesting construction techniques and materials.

I was sent two different 1M ICs. The one I’m listening to now was stated to need break-in.of at least 50 hours. As of now I have over 30 hours on them. I may write a review later under Member Reviews if Tim OKs it.

On the first day, I could hear changes, seemingly a golden glow, for lack of a better term. Day 2, the soundstage really started opening up. Every aspect was positive. Width, depth, pinpoint focus, dimensionality and just overall, more open. Bells have a shimmer and golden sheen, I guess this is greater tonality at it’s finest. Female vocals are more breathy.

The third day, I was kind of still in awe and very, very happy. So this is where I’m at now. If things improve more, I’ll be ecstatic.
The closest I come is Dregs of the Earth. Have two copies, one is a D2D I believe. Thanks for the recommendation!

How long to the AudioMods arm arrives @j_husker 

Lucinda Williams "Down Where The Spirit Meets the Bone"

streaming, but the vinyl feeds the soul.....

@boxer12,

Great! I've been in loving my Sussurro for a while. Still looking forward in going backwards to my Zephyr MIMC * ES
@noromance,

I bought "Green" when it came out soley because they we're one of the hot bands and it was on the radio constantly. Truth be told, I may have played it twice? I should play it again just to see if I should cull it or not.
REM "Automatic For the People" op.
Haven’t listened to this one in years. At that time with my (then) system, I felt it was bright/strident, lacking body and soul. Years later, it does sound much better/ more enjoyable. Certainly not perfect. Lots of good songs here.

Back from my grandson's "graduation". He's 5.

While out of town, I stopped by the record store. Here is what I got.

Rory Galligher "Live @ Montreux"

2006/earMusic/mastered for vinyl/100% virgin vinyl w/cd 

Helen Merrill w/ Clifford Brown 

WaxTime/#771719/ DMM 

Tanita Tikaram "Ancient Heart"

1988/Reprise/gold stamped promo

really surprised/glad to snatch this up!

@boxer12,

Wilson either borrowed or stole many of the well known guitar licks/synth from "The Wall". Hard to believe he didn’t ask permission, it’s so obvious.

The Crosby 50th sounds great! Bested my Classic Records easily. 

The new one has a speed correction that's easily heard.