For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

Clapton / BB King - Riding with the King ( 20th anniversary edition, remastered )

this is freaking terrible- like 6db plus hot on treble - sounds like a freaking MP3....

dang
@slaw where n is a large number but the “ relationships “ are ruled by the Stones lyrics to Just My Imagination....

” and she doesn’t even know me !!!! “
@noromance thank you, yes it is...

this came to me

Help me to discern

What is it of comfort

I might provide

The dying

Amidst the 

confusion of the living ?

Breath on measured breath

Hand on hand

Iron will on iron will

Help me resolve my own heart

Before his is still

Lord send two angels

To lift him up to you

Ready your cup

To quench his parched lips

Too weary

For

The Lord’s Prayer....

But alive with faith

We shall

Say it for him

For Timothy 

Agree James - great sonics on Thirteenth Step

driving bass line on The Package.... ya man
The Tony Rice Unit - Backwaters ( Rounder 0167 )

thanks @bdp24 , this is indeed lovely 
Got Traffic - Live playing on cassette in garage James - thinning out fishing gear for the downsize....
@bdp24 indeed, I hoisted a glass to Art !

@noromance streaming the Roy Harper now...
Dire Straits- Communique ( MoFi 45 rpm )

....” trouble in the land of plenty “....
FYI the new Lucinda W is available high Rez today on Qobuz, I ran it thru twice while I await LP delivery- very tasty
@6t5 ya man, I shall play one of the DS 45 rpm next Brother, they are good
Old and In The Way - Breakdown - Live Recordings 1973

Acoustic Disc ( server but it is might fine )
Uber - I love a deal like the next guy but running Mohawks on the Ferrari while frugal makes for a crappy lap time... ha

i think @bdp24 and I are in complete agreement on hot stampers that with statistical certainty they do exist but finding them is the difficult part... the sample size is tiny... but hey, IF there is a return policy, dip the toe into the water..  for a while, Charlie was all accolades.... I think he found another girl....

@noromance i enjoyed it - although I had a flashback to American Prayer with the full second side Lord’s Prayer... but it fit the mood.

made me wonder about Zep chemistry exacting genius from Page that seems largely missing... but I am interested enough to give some of his more lauded work a chance - your recommendation?
I’m still on the Patty wagon

American Kid and Servant of Love ( love the horn work )
Steve - Patty is ripping my heart out here... man, what an emotional songstress she is...

but, yes besides exhaustion I am fine

thanks for checking on me brother 
@reubent Ice Fishing takes the load off summer, unless of course you are hooked on both.... many many moons ago I tournament Walleye fished the Great Lakes.

funny my first high end speakers were Qb, that doped Phillips midrange is also used in the DQ-10, so caps that get used for that rebuild ( brand not value ) might be worth looking at. And I am sure you know the Emit can be fragile.... big fun Dude
@slaw ya man !!!! Following your lead !!!

NRBQ - High Noon ( Tidal )

deep pocket from tune #1 @bdp24 

i was.... done for the night, but I keep an airline Whisky in the fridge for ocassions such as this...

apparently reissues coming on the first two Pretenders albums…

I am a robot programed for Mystery Achievement….

…..Katy lied…well, about everything..ha. Murk and Drek and yet…we hold out hope….

Whaling thru some very tasty Dire Straits..

Making Movies, Communiqué……

I love the rhythm work in particular on Movies…..

i am a Telecaster robot in a Stratocaster town…

Brian - you speaker is quite unique w only a quarter million sold to music lovers and audiophiles- the acoustic coupler connects principally with the back wall. I setup and tune about 30 Vandy systems a year. Would love to assist with yours.

War Dept in server mode did search on songs w rain in title…. Fun
with 3k CD there is a lot to listen to……
@noromance took a risk and sprang L Anderson ( big red ) concert on War Dept ... many moons ago.... we both still rave about it....

ah, youth...
Several thoughts..
leave SS on 24/7 unless it’s storming
Ruby Fubar ? Whaaaat ????
My Eliptical trainer has 4 legs and a tail...

Atlanta Rhythm Section - Underdog
I knew a gal who asked “ when is Hot August Nights , she didn’t last the month...

parts of this story are true

Congrats Greg is tge mfsl new release or ?

Grant Green - Green Street

I am a robot with champagne memories and beer budget wheels

nite all !

Jim

Brian - I enjoy it, has very high sentimental value.. the Sonics are highly variable but work for me...
Beach open here w restrictions and sun is shining on a decent surf !!!!!

Van Morrison- Bang Sessions

Lucinda Williams - Good Souls Better Angels
@slaw i was a 4AM guy for many, many years... the reprogramming took awhile...
Tried experimenting with different power cords on the Christmas tree color wheel, I sense no change until after the 3rd Woodford. Who knew one could put Shunyata in the Christmas budget ?