Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

Uber,

Doubt if Dawes will be your 'cup of tea'. Hope you give them a chance.
Hey Brian,

Now, if you're like me......

You have to make life-changing decisions like, am I going to work or listen, am I going to sleep or listen....and so on.....
Going to play The Crossing next.. can’t wait! BTW, I have all his output on vinyl. I believe, I wrote a while back that AE is one of my favorite male artists.

Love Crooked Still

Well, I stand corrected. Put on side one of my pp/UK/Harvest and it sounds somewhat warmer, more like it's from that era. 

My middle name is (anal). I can hear when the VPI gets off level. Being it's support structure is mounted on the wall, (it is still in the Mercy of expansion/contraction) it will change slightly.......less so now with my decoupling system.
Hey @bkeske,

Regarding your releveling....

Sometimes, as with my Rock 7, items with springs take some settling time over days/playing time.

That's why I set up my Rock ahead of installing a cartridge. I've seen it's level change since Friday.
Jim

I am a believer in keeping the feet tight to the tt base. Leveling should be done on the platform!
Received the following this week so far:

Bettye Lavette "Blackbirds" & "The 1972 Muscle Shoals Sessions" ROG
Colter Wall "Western Swing & Waltzes and Other Punchy Songs"
Sly and The Family Stone "Live at The Fillmore East" RSD

all either sealed or unplayed
Through with "ATGR" and have to admit it does sound veiled/muffled compared to the last time I heard it several upgrades/years ago. Didn't once tap a foot or do the head-bob.
Saw a Steve Guttenberg review where he spoke highly of Neil Young "Road Rock" cd, of course that was while listening through a $16k Luxman. Pulling out my lp copy to first clean then play. Haven’t listened to this in ages.
@tomic601 ,

Pulled out my NY "After the Gold Rush" 2009/ "mastered from the original analog masters" according to the hype sticker.....NY Archives official release series. Putting it on now.
Never really noticed " no headroom" until you mentioned it. Just assumed it is what it is. Thanks a lot. Ha ha
"American Stars & Bars" from the above box set. Noticed none of these lps have been US cleaned. Got my weekend work piling up on me.......
After listening to Road Rock Vol 1, I think I’m gonna search out Vol 2. My lp has really increased in value.

No V 2 on Discogs
Sly & The Family Stone "Live @ The Fillmore East"  RDS/select cuts from 1968/dbl lp
Messed with a slight increase in VTA, sounds fine.

I'm signing off as well. Gonna rain here all day tomorrow so will be a fine listening day.