For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

"Kiln House" from the box just came back from a 'spa day'. First a trip in the ORB, then a cooling period in the Vibrato. Ahhh!
"Can’t Buy a Thrill" SC .... sounding so gooood!

Easily superior to the re-issue.
My system has never sounded better, since I installed my wall decoupling system and then removed the Stillpoints LP1....using two MyMats with no weight/clamp
My friendly, neighborhood, postal worker just plopped down my latest find on my porch. A Minty copy of Lucinda Williams "S/T" /Rough Trade.

Will! be playing it later on.
What I'm hearing now...the Marc Tunis phono cable w/ KLE Absolute Harmony RCAs are outperforming the Deulund 
@elliottbnewcombjr,

I bought all three Rising Appalachia records based upon your post. Have you tried their others? You need to.
Haven't heard Jim @tomic601  talk about his SOTA set-up lately after all the upgrades???
I increased the price of a MyMat to $59.99 each. Get em while you can.

I'm sure this price will rise significantly soon.

Still have my tt project in the back of my mind. It will use the SOTA/Phoenix Engineering motor/psu/tach. I’ve had the outboard motor enclosure top plate, machined out of 6061 aluminum. Got a VPI Super Platter/ bearing in the wings, as well as my ET 2.5/set-up.....also a Moerch DP 8
Bonny Light Horseman "S/T" 

I'm still grateful to James @spiritofradio , for turning me on to this great record!
In case any here aren’t aware, this is the 15% off/free shipping weekend sale at
www.musicdirect.com

I assume,

www.elusivedisc.com   is matching?

@bkeske,

I don't have any experience, but the Zeta arm recommended by @bdp24 , is very inexpensive for it's price/performance.
@uberwaltz,

You’re better off ordering the MT Silver Ghost phono cable w/ KLE Absolute Harmony RCAs from him.

I did it my way for my personal information.

Steve
I always wanted a SOTA . Had an opportunity to buy one locally, didn’t pan out. I assume it’s still sitting unused. Very sad. Frankly, after all of the blood, sweat and tears, I'm very happy with what I have now!
@bkeske,

I love and respect @noromance journey.
His use of Jelco arms are well written.

Having said that, he was recently found to have a cart/arm mismatch after his years of experience.

I therefore don’t have love for Jelco.

My very first high end arm, Audioquest PT.5 . Manufactured by Jelco.

FWIW, the Marc Tunis phono cable upgraded w/ KLE Absolute Harmony RCAs is a killer!!!!!

Bought the KLE from www.partsconnexion.com.  at 33% discount.

Total investment under $300.00.

I say yay!!!!
Brian,

I totally agree with your thinking on your first paragraph!!! Look forward to reading all of your impressions when the time comes. BTW, does your SOTA have a recess in the platter for a record label?

.......................................................................................

Just got in the recent Fleetwood Mac box set and "Goats Head Soup"
@bkeske,

IME, it's best to modify your fluid application to allow for no more than 2 rotations to completely dry the record. Any more than that introduces more than necessary static.
@mammothguy54,

I recently did a shootout of The Cars "S/T" with my RCA Music Club version and the MFSL. For me, it was easy to hear the winner. I put the MFSL up on ebay, sold easily on auction for around $60.00. I just saw where MFSL is bringing it out again. My timing was impeccable. ha ha!

Now I need to compare that winner to my 1978 Elektra, no barcode version.
@bkeske,

Just noticed your post on the Record Doctor. I used one for decades. Never gave any trouble. The problem with vacuum cleaners is they introduce static. Maybe the Spin Clean helps alleviate that if used as the last step? I invested in a DeStat III a while back when www.partsconnexion.com had them at $100.00 off and it works very well. I use my VPI 16.5 as the final rinse/dry after the US cleaner just to speed things up.
My boss called me back in for some limited work today. Had to take an 'old man nap' this afternoon.